ACE Microbrewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . once members see these machines are well worth the money.

Hi!
Tell me about it! I had already bought an Ace boiler and had a free 22 litre boiler, so I decided to build a control unit with two PIDs to control a HLT and the ACE mash tun. What with the electronics, pump, fittings etc I paid far more than a new ACE Micro brewery would have cost. :-(

I might be in the market for a brewing machine in the near future. Im considering a grain father, bullsdog brewer (probably not that one though), there was one called something like a Brewster, I liked that one as it has a counterflow chiller which seems to be a lot quicker than immersion chiller, one of these or a couple of electric urns and build my own.

But whichever one I decide to go for I wont be expecting any of their forums, set up by the companies for people who have handed over their hard earned cash to them, to allow anyone else who hasnt paid them for the privilege to be allowed on. Its a bit of a no brainer really.

Well following on from the discussion about water volumes and boil power and how this effects the post boil volume.
I'm pleased that such a simple step as reducing the boil power down to 1800w has reduced the boil off rate significantly and the brew yesterday hit both pre and post boil volumes and gravities exactly on target. So with that wort now sitting happily in its cube waiting for the fermenter to become available it's time to begin planning the next one. Cheers

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with rust? I picked one of these up last week and noticed a few spots which I cleaned off with a green scrubby. These have now developed into a ring around the middle of the whole pot after doing a test boil with water.

Anyway, i'll be hopefully returning this one tomorrow for replacement. I just hope it's a one off.

Cheers,

Chris

UPDATE : This was replaced by ACE and the new unit is fine. Apparently they had never had this problem before so looks like it was a one off and nothing for potential buyers to worry about.

Well following on from the discussion about water volumes and boil power and how this effects the post boil volume.
I'm pleased that such a simple step as reducing the boil power down to 1800w has reduced the boil off rate significantly and the brew yesterday hit both pre and post boil volumes and gravities exactly on target. So with that wort now sitting happily in its cube waiting for the fermenter to become available it's time to begin planning the next one. Cheers

There you go :)

Is your boil off around 3 litres per hour?

Good video, shame the strike water was too high, hopefully it'll turn out alright. I love a good stout so lets us know how it is in a few weeks.

During my first brew I reduced the power to 1800w. The boil was fine but I was concerned about the thermostat/element cycling on and off every second.
Anyone else bothered about that happening?

Cheers. Tom

i shouldnt be following this, i love the idea of a micro brewery, ,,, i have a set up, but the only thing i wouldnt use if i had one is the mash tun, ��£310 is that what you guys paid?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACE-Micro-Brewery-Mashing-4-Home-Craft-Beer-with-pump-Mashing-6-stage-program-/271687277467?hash=item3f41d2db9b:g:b8oAAOSwal5YHGtg

Yes however I got the klarstein branded version from hi fi tower and got 30 pounds back as there was no chiller. It is great just get one.

What type of hops is everyone using in the boil - leaf or pellet?
If you use pellet hops, does the filter block up or do you just not use the filter and whirlpool before running into the fv?

If you use pellet hops, does the filter block up or do you just not use the filter and whirlpool before running into the fv?

I used pellet when I brew and only issues I had was slow drainage at the end. Just make sure you whirlpool and you'll be okay.

Granted, it was only 2 oz of hops this time around. I'll report back if I end up doing more :)

Hi Pavros,

If I use leaf hops I put them in my old mashing and sparging bag that I used when I did biab. But if using pellets I just sling them in. I don't use the bazooka filter and just run the wort out of the tap into my no chill cube until all that's left is the trub. Any trub that gets into the cube falls to the bottom while that cools overnight and then I can pour clear wort into the fv the next day (or whenever that becomes free).

Cheers

Latest posts

Back