Additional equipment for a 50L system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSpudsBrewery

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying one of the 50l systems, most likely the Hopcat and want to bottle my beer initially.

What additional equipment do I need?

I’m struggling to get together an exact list but so far think I need:

• Chiller (comes with Hopcat)
  • 2x 25l stainless steel fermenters with air locks and taps
  • Metal mixing spoon
  • Hydrometer
  • Bottles
  • Bottle caps
  • Capper to put the bottle caps on

I’ve seen various things online about bottling wands, bottling sticks, siphoning tubes, additional tubs, sparge heaters etc. But don’t know what I exactly need.

If anyone can share an exact list of what will set me up then that would be fantastic!

Worth noting I would rather get the better quality item/ additional items that make life easier and spend a bit more rather than do it all on a budget.

Thanks,
Jack

Lots of food grade silicon tubing.
(Future) A pump,
(Initially) Speidel barrel 30l FV's each with two taps, use one for bubbler via silicon tube into a used 1 litre tonic bottle with starsan in. Bottle your beers from the other with a spring clip to control flow.
Remember to lift tube from bubbler before decanting beers,,,,aheadbutt
(Future) Cornies
(Then) More cornies, :hat:
(Then) Another shiny big pump,clapa

I've just ordered a 50L all-in-one after brewing on a gas burner for 5+ years. I think the package deals come with everything you need to get the beer as far as the FV (apart from maybe the afore mentioned silicon tube and the FV itself).
Having some fermentation temp control would be a bigger priority than SS fermenters for me - especially with summer just around the corner

That's a lot of beer to bottle though - make sure you get a bench capper

Latest posts

Back