advice on next level of kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krone9

Reaction score
Hey guys

Had a break at the start of the new year to get through my stocks (that went quicker than expected...)

Now going to get back into things and looking to upgrade from my plastic buckets into something else. Although now I say that, I'm thinking I could get a decent mash kettle then decant into the buckets and just keep brewing....

I'm struggling between the £150 mark kit and £250-300 mark but not sure what the difference really is...(Grainfather will be later.....can't justify it yet)

I'm looking at a OneConcept kettle with a circulating pump:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07LCQPR56/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ABV9J41D2VYA9&psc=1
(or a Klarstein Maischfest if I can find anyone with one in stock)

or one without:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WKTUT1O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3DC01MIVCFBA7&psc=1

Only difference seems to be the pump - but am I missing something? Is it worth paying £100 more? I'm planning to get a chiller for whatever I get regardless...

Any advice on these, or other things at similar price point, would be much appreciated

I was looking at a robobrew but struggling to find one in UK

There are a number of names for this same bit of kit and you cannot struggle to find one in the UK. I would definitely recommend this sort of "all in one" brew system. 83 brews on the Grainfather and it does the job, quite well from my perspective. I suspect that a more "handyman" sort of a guy would be at least as happy with the Robobrew (and same kit, with different names). This sort of approach to All Grain Home Brewing is really useful in terms of space and ease of use.

Slid,just wondering why you suggest a "handyman" would be better with a non grain father type electric system?
The Robo differs very little otherwise from the grain father ....filter..a plate in the Robo Vs the small cylinder in the GF,chiller...immersion Vs counterflow...both have their uses,in an ideal world both,the Robo has lids on the handle (!),Bluetooth... essential?
I've not got either...is the GF twice the kit as the Robo?
I wouldn't mind knowing for sure...

Got my first brew on with the robobrew/brewzilla - lovely bit of kit!

Currently using the wort chiller which is working great

Latest posts

Back