AG#35 Abbot Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dennisking said:
I am lucky to be old enough to remember the Abbot of the 70s and early 80s when IMO [and many others] it was the finest cask ale available. The beer now is a pale imitation in taste and strength.

I'm quite a way off being old enough for that and quite like the odd abbot ale so would also be interested in how this turned out as I could be in for a treat if I were to try and brew the more 'traditional' style.

Yeah it turned out fine - not exceptional but a very drinkable beer that my dad enjoyed and on a taste comparison with abbot ale the only thing that showed which was the homebrew was the filtered shine of the shop bought - on taste the homebrew got the thumbs up ahead of the bought though so couldn't be happier :thumb:

rickthebrew said:
Yeah it turned out fine - not exceptional but a very drinkable beer that my dad enjoyed and on a taste comparison with abbot ale the only thing that showed which was the homebrew was the filtered shine of the shop bought - on taste the homebrew got the thumbs up ahead of the bought though so couldn't be happier :thumb:

What would u do differently if you would brew again?

Back