AG#49 United Hops of America

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
My first brew this year is going to be 46litres of american pale ale :D Mash was on at 7:30 and the rain is holding off so all good! I have a starter of wlp051 California V Ale yeast on the go,

Malts;

7300g Pale Malt
700g Crystal Malt
400g Vienna Malt
700g Sugar

Hops;

100g Citra
100g Simcoe

60min boil with hop additions mainly toward the end of the boil, giving me a 4.5% brew at around 40IBU. I really want this to be packed with flavour so lots of flame out hops and also will dry hop.

Happy brewing and happy new year :drink:

How do you add your flameout hops? Don't say "just chuck them in!"

Do you wait until the wort temp is down a wee bit then bung them in?
Do you then steep them before chilling? If so, how long?

K

kev said:
How do you add your flameout hops? Don't say "just chuck them in!"

Do you wait until the wort temp is down a wee bit then bung them in?
Do you then steep them before chilling? If so, how long?

K

After the boil has finished I let the wort cool to around 80degrees c and then add the hops and steep for 30mins before chilling and pitching the yeast :thumb:

Cool - that's what I thought. I've read that a few other places.

K

Franklin said:
sounds good...
How's it tasting?

Well first hops just going in and they smell amazing - the citra are really punchy and i`ve wanted to brew with them for ages :D

This is down to 1012 and coming along very nicely - full on tropical fruit taste from the citra - overpowering aroma and taste of passion fruit and lychee, quite amazing really! I`m just steeping 2 x 20grams of citra in 80degree water for 30mins then chucking these in the FV (find this works better then just adding them dry) will bottle wednesday :D

Bottled this tonite - 79 pint bottles of beery goodness! The over riding aroma and taste is passion fruit with piney bitterness - very very nice if this is your thang !! Which it is mine ! Had about two pints straight from the FV as I bottled ! :cheers: try these hops with wlp001 or us05 you won't be disappointed ! :drink:

label done for some giveaway bottles

unclesam.jpg

:D

Back