Another old, returning brewer...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzbald

Reaction score
Hi all. I used to brew 5 gallon partial mash stuff. I had around 10 years of not brewing and have just started doing 2 gallon all grain batches from salvaged old kit and a few bits and bobs I had lying around. Once I get properly back into it I intend to knock up a diy 5 gallon setup. Done 2 batches of ipa kind of stuff so far. The second one is looking pretty promising, the first was average but drinkable...

Cheers!

"average but drinkable" now that's better than a lot of supermarket lagers :) Probably cheaper too!

Welcome back! <insert Hotel California here>
Did you have a favourite recipe back in the days? Got good stories?

It was definitely better than supermarket lager! Not difficult to achieve!

I used to mess around with kits and add grain to them to make various best bitters and Old Peculier kind of ales. I made a strong Belgian style beer and bottled it many years back. We drank it after hours at a beer festival and it got me drunk from the legs up. I felt absolutely fine, but went to stand up to go to answer the call of nature and collapsed in a heap!

It was definitely better than supermarket lager! Not difficult to achieve!

I used to mess around with kits and add grain to them to make various best bitters and Old Peculier kind of ales. I made a strong Belgian style beer and bottled it many years back. We drank it after hours at a beer festival and it got me drunk from the legs up. I felt absolutely fine, but went to stand up to go to answer the call of nature and collapsed in a heap!

Reminds me of the time I was at home watching telly and had 2 La Chouffes (0,75L as they didn't have smaller back then) and wanted a third one. That was a very interesting trip to the fridge! And then the dilemma: I really wanted another one but.. I also wanted to be able to step into bed later that night :laugh8:
I saved it for a later date, but boy, that beer was viciously good.

So you were a bit of a kit brewer. This time heading for allgrain, or sticking to kits for the time being?

All grain now. Weirdly, with ‘tinternet I find it easier and had most of the gear needed lying around for small batches.

Latest posts

Back