Anyone here bought bitcoin?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
The answer is in the question...
So dont reply with your opinions etc
Simple as that

Nope. Wish I had. I thought it was overvalued and a ponzi scheme when it hit $100 per coin. How wrong I was 😂
Hindsight is wonderful, but there's no point regretting past non-decisions.

I think I've got a couple on the top shelf in the cellar; next to my Higg's boson and fragment of the true cross. Anybody want one before I drill a hole in it to complete my medallion man outfit?

Always good to take profit. Although i just put it back in. Up over 40% on my omly trade of the day, will let it go in a bit more to see if I can get a bit more out of it
I have Ethereum. I bought £500 worth in 2017. It reached just over £4,500 in November 2021 so I cashed in £4k leaving £500. That £500 is currently worth £340.

No, though I would if I could have worked out how to when I was a bit more flush.

Out of interest, a micropub I frequent has a sign proclaiming 20% off everything if you pay with crypto (and a footnote saying that it isn't a joke).

No, though I would if I could have worked out how to when I was a bit more flush.

Out of interest, a micropub I frequent has a sign proclaiming 20% off everything if you pay with crypto (and a footnote saying that it isn't a joke).
Makes sense. Most people pay via contact less. The fees for small businesses can be crippling. A majority of crypto can be transferred with a tiny fee. And if the owner is happy to keep some crypto long term then he will be quids in. Plus digital assets can attract less tax

I have a few tokens of a different crypto. No bitcoin though. I very much hope to "get rich quick" off of this transaction, since I absolutely loathe paid employment.

No.

Two financial rules I follow:
1. Never invest in something you do not understand
2. Don’t look for financial advice on a home brewing blog!
Unless you are Elon Musk, buy into a cryptocurrency send the price up then sell. Declaring cryptocurrency is toxic

Back