August homebrew competition - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just make sure that everyone is happy with this.... I've got 2 left to have tonight and that will be all of the beers drunk. @Hazelwood Brewery beers have not arrived yet, although I did notice that I mentioned that I would judge on the 9th. However I had to make a shift change and am on a night on sunday, I don't like to drink the night before nights ( i find them tough enough as they are). Is everyone happy if I finish the judging on Monday night, giving Hazlewoods beers time to arrive? My post has been awful recently, i'm pretty sure the postman only turns up every 3 days or so.
That’s a sod, they were posted 1st class Wednesday morning so you should have had them Thursday. We went for lunch with friends on Friday and they told us they’ve been having the same problem with only one or two deliveries a week. It’s the first I’ve heard of this, we still get post every day.

Thanks for waiting and sorry to the other folk eagerly waiting on the results. If they haven’t arrived by tomorrow I’m happy for you to post the competition results and drink my beers at your leisure when they do turn up.

That’s a sod, they were posted 1st class Wednesday morning so you should have had them Thursday. We went for lunch with friends on Friday and they told us they’ve been having the same problem with only one or two deliveries a week. It’s the first I’ve heard of this, we still get post every day.

Thanks for waiting and sorry to the other folk eagerly waiting on the results. If they haven’t arrived by tomorrow I’m happy for you to post the competition results and drink my beers at your leisure when they do turn up.

Beers arrived today of all days!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the results are in..........

Apologies for the delay, I realised I had to do a post course quiz by tomorrow, it was supposed to take me an hour, it's taken me three!!

Anyway, standard was high as always and only 2 points separated the top 4.....

And the winnner by a point with 39 points was @RichardM with a Best Bitter (Jail Ale Clone), hardly a rizzla paper between them, and on another day could probably have gone the other way.

Well done everyone, a very manageable and pleasant weekend supping these, as I say, I though the quality was very good. 👍

Latest posts

Back