August competition: British Pale Ales, Bitters & Milds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @Hazelwood Brewery
I’ve got a 5 points clone I wouldn’t mind being critiqued, there’s something not quite right with it and a second opinion would be great. Would be able to get it in the post Tuesday but that wouldn’t give much time for it to clear again as it’s bottle conditioned
Cheers!

Hi @Hazelwood Brewery
I’ve got a 5 points clone I wouldn’t mind being critiqued, there’s something not quite right with it and a second opinion would be great. Would be able to get it in the post Tuesday but that wouldn’t give much time for it to clear again as it’s bottle conditioned
Cheers!
That’s fine Joe. It will clear from the top and I only need a little so with a following wind the sample might be clear(ish).

Todays update. Hopefully this is a complete list of all updates but let me know if you see any errors.
1A53FE2D-62BB-4A70-A6FB-E7C514A34DA1.jpeg

I dont think I will send the bitter @Hazelwood Brewery . I am still getting what I believe is carbonic bite from the keg that I didn't have from the ones that I had bottled. Apologies.

Dark mild 6.2% 🤨
Ha! It's based on a recipe for Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild - 6% and only brewed in one pub near Wolverhampton. I've never had the original but its definitely on the list to track down... and, historically, mild just meant fresh/unaged and it took two world wars and ever increasing taxation to turn it into the low abv, low hop beer I drank as a teenager in the Midlands.

Ha! It's based on a recipe for Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild - 6% and only brewed in one pub near Wolverhampton. I've never had the original but its definitely on the list to track down... and, historically, mild just meant fresh/unaged and it took two world wars and ever increasing taxation to turn it into the low abv, low hop beer I drank as a teenager in the Midlands.
I’ve had it, but no idea what it was like. Did a Black Country beer bus tour and I have virtually no recollection of any of it 🤪

I have seen that recipe and wanted to give it a try 👍

Bit late to the party!
Would have liked to be in on this, but only got my bitter into the PB day before yesterday 😫

Latest posts

Back