August homebrew competition - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's August so i'd better get this out!

I'll be judging on probably the 2nd Weekend of September (the 9th) as I have a wedding the weekend before (poorly timed).

I'm really looking forward to trying a few of your beers, let me know if you want my address.

Given I was sending you a parcel today, you can have my "middle of the road golden ale" as a competition entry. Please could you label it as from me when it arrives 😳 (sorry about that)

How many bottles do you need? Are you judging on your own or do we need to sen enough for a two or three?

Hi Richard, I guess it depended on how many were going to arrive as to if I would recruit anyone to help. As it is though, it's only you and @Agentgonzo who have shown any interest.

1 500ml bottle will do though.

However if it is only the two of you I wouldn't bother to send one.

If anyone would like to join in this month's comp send me a dm, I will be judging, 2nd weekend of September. 👍

Hi Richard, I guess it depended on how many were going to arrive as to if I would recruit anyone to help. As it is though, it's only you and @Agentgonzo who have shown any interest.

1 500ml bottle will do though.

However if it is only the two of you I wouldn't bother to send one.

If anyone would like to join in this month's comp send me a dm, I will be judging, 2nd weekend of September. 👍
I've already sent you mine! Gold medal here I come 😂

Can I just make sure that everyone is happy with this.... I've got 2 left to have tonight and that will be all of the beers drunk. @Hazelwood Brewery beers have not arrived yet, although I did notice that I mentioned that I would judge on the 9th. However I had to make a shift change and am on a night on sunday, I don't like to drink the night before nights ( i find them tough enough as they are). Is everyone happy if I finish the judging on Monday night, giving Hazlewoods beers time to arrive? My post has been awful recently, i'm pretty sure the postman only turns up every 3 days or so.

Can I just make sure that everyone is happy with this.... I've got 2 left to have tonight and that will be all of the beers drunk. @Hazelwood Brewery beers have not arrived yet, although I did notice that I mentioned that I would judge on the 9th. However I had to make a shift change and am on a night on sunday, I don't like to drink the night before nights ( i find them tough enough as they are). Is everyone happy if I finish the judging on Monday night, giving Hazlewoods beers time to arrive? My post has been awful recently, i'm pretty sure the postman only turns up every 3 days or so.
That's fine by me

Latest posts

Back