B&M kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still not heard back from B&M regarding the future of these kits. Anyone fancy popping into their local store and asking the question? I won't get the chance till next weekend :(

Cheers. Tom

Is it the IPA everyone's trying? Mine's only 3 days day in. Can't wait to see what it's like. I'm doing a kit that went out of date May 16 along side it that I made with all cold water to test the twangless theory from another thread.

Is it the IPA everyone's trying? Mine's only 3 days day in. Can't wait to see what it's like. I'm doing a kit that went out of date May 16 along side it that I made with all cold water to test the twangless theory from another thread.
Yes the IPA kit. I brewed it totally standard to the instructions, boiling water and all. Not a hint of twang even after just three weeks.

I've still not found an IPA in any of the B&M I've been in. One had the lager, one the real ale but still no IPA... I'm still suspecting these will now disappear now fathers day has been & gone.

Going to pop into my local B&M today to try and find some kits. Chances are they will all be gone but can live in hope. These would be perfect until I get my full setup.

So I managed to get 2 of the American IPA kits, the brewing starter pack and 24 of the swing top bottles. My b&m had about 6 ipa kits left.

Going to start one kit tomorrow and see how it goes. Liking some of the reviews so far for such a cheap kit.

Would it be worth adding some fruit to this? Desperate to try a mango IPA but not sure if you can use fruit with these kits.

Last edited:
Would it be worth adding some fruit to this?
Yeah, can do it with kits. If it's the frozen stuff you could dump it straight in the fermenter, if you bought mangoes I'd blitz them, then pasteurise in a pan for a few mins. Work out the sugar content and tailor the amount of the kit's sugar you put in. If you search you'll find info of when people add it.

Yeah, can do it with kits. If it's the frozen stuff you could dump it straight in the fermenter, if you bought mangoes I'd blitz them, then pasteurise in a pan for a few mins. Work out the sugar content and tailor the amount of the kit's sugar you put in. If you search you'll find info of when people add it.

Yeah was going to just throw the frozen chunks in the fermenter. When is best to put them in and will I need to adjust sugar for the frozen ones? I've to ferment for 10 days and put the hops in on day 7.

When is best to put them in and will I need to adjust sugar for the frozen ones?
They're about 14 percent sugar so even if you had 500g in 10 litres it would only add 0.4% booziness. Reading most people put them in the fermenter after primary fermentation has slowed, so after about 4 days, then it'll kick off again with the new sugar. I'd do it after 5 days then leave it another 5 and if it's chunks then chop them up a bit finer [insert sanitary procedure boilerplate]. Then you could add the hops 2 days after - or whatever your brewing cycle goes like - if you're doing 14 days then tweak accordingly.

I'm wandering how long these bad boys will stay at the same price
Especially the IPA one where your getting over 200 gram of extra extract and 10 grams of hops to the real ale

Been a week in the warm now such a long wait

I'm wandering how long these bad boys will stay at the same price
Especially the IPA one where your getting over 200 gram of extra extract and 10 grams of hops to the real ale

Been a week in the warm now such a long wait
Mine are a week and a bit in and tasting fantastic. The warm weather has helped with carbonation. I might stock up if I find any left at my local shop.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just put my real ale into the PB primed with 85 g dextrose,smells good and is reasonably clear despite only starting 10 days ago.
The warm weather has speeded up fermentation and I have no means of cooling,the mead I put on 2 days ago ,which I assumed to be a slow starter , is bubbling through the lock too fast to count!

None left in our local b&m. Plenty of the ale and tequila, but no IPA.
That sucks
I've still not heard back from B&M regarding the future of these kits. Anyone fancy popping into their local store and asking the question? I won't get the chance till next weekend :(

Cheers. Tom
Going by the staff in my one I wouldn't bother
when asking where these kits were I was told by a simpleton they wouldn't stock it
Low and behold they were in the next isle

Has anyone bottled the IPA kit yet? The instructions say 10 days fermenting but should I leave it 14 days? You've to dry hop after 7 days.

I bottled my tequila and lime lager yesterday after 2weeks in the fv, 1004fg and tasted and smelt amazing, lovely and clear too. I reckon a week in the bottle to carbonate in this warm weather and I'll be having one.

I bottled my tequila and lime lager yesterday after 2weeks in the fv, 1004fg and tasted and smelt amazing, lovely and clear too. I reckon a week in the bottle to carbonate in this warm weather and I'll be having one.

Awesome. What temperature did you ferment this at? I'm considering modding my wine cooler so I can make a lager.

Awesome. What temperature did you ferment this at? I'm considering modding my wine cooler so I can make a lager.
It sat under the stairs in my living room which ranges between 19-22 degrees at the moment.
I don't know what type of yeast they put in the kit but its a really clean ferment and the little remaining yeast trub smells lovely. It was still slightly fizzy on bottling but getting down to 1004fg is fine for me, plus I bottled into 500ml pet.

I've been out of the hobby for a while, following an accident which laid me up in hospital for a while then lots of physio, but spotted the kits in a local B&M today so bought two of the IPAs. I googled looking for a review of the kit and it lead me here.
Looking forward to getting back in the hobby, I'll be doing both kits together upto to 20l instead of 10l, and kit ingredients only.

Lots of kits still in Barrow-In-Furness 'small' branch.
Gonna pop into the 'big' branch here too tomorrow and see if they have any there as well. At that price, I'll be snapping more up from either branch.

Latest posts

Back