Beer line

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to cornys, so please excuse.

I'd like to run a beer line from my workshop to the kitchen, corny in the workshop, tap inside.
I'm thinking it should be 3/16 line, but where do I get the fittings and line for disconnect to 3/16, will Norm have them?
I'd like a free standing tap with drip tray???

Also when cleaning the line, should I just fill the corny up with solution, gas and collect in the tap?

Does that make sense...I'm on the whiskey now as it me day off tomorrow :drunk:

Sean :D

Yes. 3/16 would be your best best. I bought beer line from Leyland Homebrew, but it wouldn't surprise me if Norm can get you some. I got the 3/16 to 3/8 reducers off ebay but, again, Norm is probably your man.
There's also a few free-standing taps with drip trays on ebay.

When it comes to cleaning, I generally just rinse them out to get all the muck out then fill with sanitiser and let it run through. I then empty them and put a kettle full of boiling water in there. The steam that's produced pushes the water through the pipe.

Every few fills, I strip everything down and give it a good clean.

How long is the run? . . . for normal serving pressures you only need a couple of feet of 3/16 to slow the beer down . . . even for Lager at 20psi 4 feet is plenty. . . .If your line run is greater than this you need to use 3/8 for the majority of it then step down to 3/16 for the last couple of feet to the tap.

Over all the line will be about 25feet, mainly for bitters and stouts. The lad can walk for his lager :cool:

Thanks Sean

I've got price from him, just looking around on Ebay for a tap and tray.

Think I'll leave it until I can get a couple of more cornies as well and keep the postage down.

So many projects....so little time and cash :D

Back