Beer / Wine Snacks...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
So you're settled down with a pint of homebrew or a nice glass of wine, and you have the munchies. Whats your favourite beer and wine snack?

I love olives, and would happily sit with a bowl of those and enjoy them with wine and beer.

What would you reach for?

Ooh yes, olives - anchovie stuffed olives. Pork scratchings (if I'm in a pub - which I rarely am), or anything in the fridge (from a handful of wafer thin ham, to a finger scoop of soft cheese, to a piece of swmbo's choc).

Belly pork strips or bombay mix. Mmm.

Although I have recently discovered Wasabi Peanuts. *drool*

Olives :thumb:

Peanuts :thumb:

Cheese and Biscuits :thumb:

Pistachio Nuts :thumb:

A T said:
I like to have a beer with my beer :D
A balanced diet, a beer in each hand :thumb:

I'm on the wine at the moment, in the middle of a brew night, so cheese & crackers sounds good to me.

Do tastes change with age? Until I turned 40 I never drank red wine and couldn't stand olives. Now I love them both.

moley said:
Do tastes change with age? Until I turned 40 I never drank red wine and couldn't stand olives. Now I love them both.

they must do when i was a kid 8-9 i hated beer and liked shandy :cheers:

Moley said:
I like olives but haven't got into red wine (yet).

I love that there's an olive stall at the GBBF. Became partial to jerky. And pork pies. Pork scratchings. Pistachios. Cheese. All good healthy stuff.

Salty things :lol:
Pork scratching can be a bit much (too rich) though I love em, chicken scratchings...spot on, pist nuts ace, salt and vin nuts hard to beat....

A long time ago I used to love Brannigans (sp) Ham and Mustard crisps....so much so I'd get boxes of them for my b-day from friends :D

Latest posts

Back