Beer52 subscription.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kit-brewer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else had difficulty cancelling their Beer52 subscription?
I have tried to cancel but they have taken fees early to justify sending out a package. They wo t accept returns or refunds.
TBH I can't really afford it at the moment but they seem to only care about upwelling.
Any advise??
Thanks šŸ˜Š

They can be arseholes when it comes to cancelling. They will tell you that you need to call, but I'm pretty certain that doesn't meet consumer standards. If you signed up online, you should be able to cancel online.

I had similar but they did refund and waived the alleged admin fee.

Tell them you're giving up drinking for 3 months possibly more so need to cancel rather than pause. If they've not sent the package and won't refund then raise with your bank. From memory it's a recurring payment instruction rather than a direct debit, so not as straight forward to dispute but your bank should have your back.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good slagging off on (their) social media should fix it.
I had an issue with a car I bought from the Ford dealership in Chester,nothing major but needed sorting. I was promised thus that and the moon then avoided. In the meantime a trust pilot email landed in my ...emails...I gave them 1 star and a proper slagging off. I kid you not within a couple of hours I had Ford UK customer service on the phone asking if they could help then pretty soon the Chester manager. It was all booked in and repair done to satisfactory standard within a fortnight.
So...get typing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy update.
After nearly 50 mins on the phone I finally got them to refund for the beers sent, but they wanted me to pay for them to go back.
I got a bit narky and they said keep them!
So, 8 cans of nice beer free :~)
Not a bad result.
I can now relax, have a kebab to celebrate and a can of probably stout :)
Thanks for the advice!
Happy drinking.

I was pre warned of the cancellation experience on here but it is monumentally stupid. 3 more offers came after I had told them to stop making offers and cancel. And this was after I told them the quality wasnā€™t good enough- they just offer more.

I think I rang and cancelled in about 5 minutes. They asked me why i wanted to cancel, i told them that the vast majority of the beers they sent were pale hoppy beers and there were not enough dark beers (despite me expressing a preference). The bloke on the other end of the phone said..."yea...fair enough, its a common complaint" and cancelled my subscription there and then.

I cancelled by email with no issues, but they still pester me from time to time to go back.

Latest posts

Back