Bevie and Keg King Distributing Partnership.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you attribute that to something to do with importing KK products?
Why order a container load of gear when creditors are hammering on the door? Look at the B2B thread, why was he cheaper than everyone else? Why so many giveaways when in trouble? Even gave a Grainfather away one time? Bad management or a planned strategy who knows? Seems the creditors they wanted to keep onside got their money, I don't know about the rest.
The container just added to the creditor's list and not surprisingly who was at the top of the creditor's list, Bevie! Since the Brits took over Bevie from the Kiwis it doesn't seem to have done anything apart from remodeling the Grainfather.

Why order a container load of gear when creditors are hammering on the door? Look at the B2B thread, why was he cheaper than everyone else? Why so many giveaways when in trouble? Even gave a Grainfather away one time? Bad management or a planned strategy who knows?
I don't know anything about this. Before my time. However, if he was already in financial trouble, importing a container (presumably from King Keg) didn't cause him to go bust, he was already going that way.

It's unlikely that the importation of goods led to financial trouble, its failing to run the business profitably that causes the problems, and of that, there's many reasons.

Seems the creditors they wanted to keep onside got their money, I don't know about the rest.
Creditors who are owed the most have the most leverage.. It costs money to apply to wind up a company (assuming its incorporated) about £750 atm I think, plus you have to serve a statutory demand first, which is best served by solicitors to show you're serious, that's about £250, and there's a qualifying minimum debt (to stop companies having to fight the application for trivial amounts. So if you're a minor creditor owed not much more then the minimum, your best bet is to work with them and hope they can trade their way out of trouble. If you're owed less then the minimum, you don't have a choice. Hopefully, they'll make some payments when they can and reduce the debt, before someone gets impatient and pulls the plug.

However, if a creditor is supplying essential goods and services that the debtor can't do without, then they have to be prioritised because otherwise they stop supplying and you go out of business anyway. Some creditors don't like others being prioritised and wind up the debtor which means everyone loses. When a business is wound up, no one gets everything they're owed.

The container just added to the creditor's list and not surprisingly who was at the top of the creditor's list, Bevie!
I don't understand the connection between Bevie and this theoretical container. At this point you're saying B2B was KKs distributor? In which case Bevie may have been a creditor. But unless Bevie paid B2B in advance for KK products, I don't see the relevance of any imported container to B2Bs indebtedness to Bevie.

Not that it matters its history now I'm sure

Since the Brits took over Bevie from the Kiwis it doesn't seem to have done anything apart from remodeling the Grainfather.
I must admit to finding this statement racist. Firstly 'the Brits' didn't take over Bevie. Some people who may be British may have taken over Bevie, but it wasn't 'the Brits', just like it wasn't 'the French', 'the Asians' 'the Chinese ', or 'the blacks'. Secondly, the nationality of the owners won't have had any bearing on decisions they take regarding strategy or operation of the business. Similarly, unless Bevie was publicly owned in New Zealand, it's wrong to say the business was taken over "from the kiwis". Just because a business is incorporated in a country does not mean the owners have that nationality.

Your connection with what you obviously think is poor business decisions or poor management of Bevie (as indicated by your choice of words), with the nationality of the owners makes it racist.

On another point, what is YOUR connection with King Keg. You've said things like you've asked for us guys (if something can be done), and you stated the value of the mould for the PET fermenter, something that is usually confidential, so how do you know these things, and what lines of communication do you have with King Keg? I'm curious.

Last edited:
On another, related manner, if B2B are still the UK distributor for KK, have they at any time since this thread was started made an appearance on this forum to comment on it?

I don't know anything about this. Before my time. However, if he was already in financial trouble, importing a container (presumably from King Keg) didn't cause him to go bust, he was already going that way.

It's unlikely that the importation of goods led to financial trouble, its failing to run the business profitably that causes the problems, and of that, there's many reasons.
Well, you only have to look up the old thread which was before your time.
The importing of a container compounded the issue, as I said one has to work out the motive for oneself.
Creditors who are owed the most have the most leverage.. It costs money to apply to wind up a company (assuming its incorporated) about £750 atm I think, plus you have to serve a statutory demand first, which is best served by solicitors to show you're serious, that's about £250, and there's a qualifying minimum debt (to stop companies having to fight the application for trivial amounts. So if you're a minor creditor owed not much more then the minimum, your best bet is to work with them and hope they can trade their way out of trouble. If you're owed less then the minimum, you don't have a choice. Hopefully, they'll make some payments when they can and reduce the debt, before someone gets impatient and pulls the plug.
Only secured creditors have to be paid out first generally the tax office, the bank, and any money owing on the lease, provided the lease was signed.
Secondly, the company has to go into administration for all of the above to take place, I can't remember the final outcome but I think it was to do with the company changing hands within the group who owned it. You will have to look up the old thread.
However, if a creditor is supplying essential goods and services that the debtor can't do without, then they have to be prioritised because otherwise they stop supplying and you go out of business anyway. Some creditors don't like others being prioritised and wind up the debtor which means everyone loses. When a business is wound up, no one gets everything they're owed.
Not applicable in this case.
I don't understand the connection between Bevie and this theoretical container. At this point you're saying B2B was KKs distributor? In which case Bevie may have been a creditor. But unless Bevie paid B2B in advance for KK products, I don't see the relevance of any imported container to B2Bs indebtedness to Bevie.
Who has said anything about Bevie being involved with the container ordered by B2B? Bevie wasn't even in the picture then, they were a supplier to B2B.
I must admit to finding this statement racist. Firstly 'the Brits' didn't take over Bevie. Some people who may be British may have taken over Bevie, but it wasn't 'the Brits', just like it wasn't 'the French', 'the Asians' 'the Chinese ', or 'the blacks'. Secondly, the nationality of the owners won't have had any bearing on decisions they take regarding strategy or operation of the business. Similarly, unless Bevie was publicly owned in New Zealand, it's wrong to say the business was taken over "from the kiwis". Just because a business is incorporated in a country does not mean the owners have that nationality.
Well, you can find it what you like.😅 The Brits paid the Kiwis a lot of money and took up the reigns of Bevie they don't appear to have done much at all. They have taken delivery of about 10 or so containers from Keg King since becoming trading partners.
To be fair to Bevie they weren't moving much gear just after Covid and the warehouse was full when they went into a trading partnership with Keg King which is why things are slow
Your connection with what you think is poor business decisions or poor management of Bevie (as indicated by your choice of words), with the nationality of the owners makes it racist.
Not at all, I get called Aussie I am not so precious to be offended by any means.
n another point, what is YOUR connection with King Keg. You've said things like you've asked for us guys (if something can be done), and you stated the value of the mould for the PET fermenter, something that is usually confidential, so how do you know these things, and what lines of communication do you have with King Keg? I'm curious.
I buy my brewing gear from there, I sold my business a few years ago but still like to keep my ear to the ground for any tidbits.
Will, the CEO of Keg King is a friend of mine and we occasionally have lunch together and I occasionally do some gratuitous work for them when they are under the pump.

Last edited:
1704186093340.png

It's time we moved on !
This thread was started when we were wondering when we were going to get the keg king Apollo in the UK. It's been available for quite some time now and I have one.
Searching this morning I found at least half a dozen retailers of the Apollo in the UK.
Can't comment on the availability of spares I've not needed any yet.

Maltmiller stock pretty much everything now(kegland, KK, Brew tools, SS, Grain father). put yourself on the wait list , put your pennies into your new high interest savings account and wait for the products to become available. Think there customer service is pretty good so I'm sure they will be able to tell you if any of these new products are going to be available this year or to forget about it and order something different. Happy New year 💫

Only secured creditors have to be paid out first generally the tax office, the bank, and any money owing on the lease, provided the lease was signed.

You're making the mistake that it's the same the world over. It isn't.

Who has said anything about Bevie being involved with the container ordered by B2B? Bevie wasn't even in the picture then, they were a supplier to B2B.

You linked Bevie with B2B and this mythical container you claimed they imported.
Well, you can find it what you like.😅 The Brits paid the Kiwis a lot of money and took up the reigns of Bevie they don't appear to have done much at all.

No, the Brits didn't. I certainly didn't. But don't expect you to take any notice from me or anyone else. Time and again you've demonstrated that you're opinionated and unwilling to listen to others.

Not at all, I get called Aussie I am not so precious to be offended by any means.

As I said, opinionated and unwilling to listen, as well as liking to force your opinions down other's throats

It's time we moved on !
I agree. There's been enough hot air from down under. As I said above, the thread has run its course. It was started to announce a distribution partnership. Everything after that is superfluous. It hasn't provided any answers to the questionable availability of KK products or the future strategy of either KK, Bevie or B2B. It doesn't appear to serve any function at all.

I agree. There's been enough hot air from down under. As I said above, the thread has run its course.

As I said, opinionated and unwilling to listen, as well as liking to force your opinions down other's throats

You often see "attack the post not the poster" mentioned in forums robust debate is welcome here slating a member because of their opinion is not and it does you no favours, maybe its time to put Foxy on your blocklist.

Last edited:
You're making the mistake that it's the same the world over. It isn't.
You linked Bevie with B2B and this mythical container you claimed they imported.
No, the Brits didn't. I certainly didn't. But don't expect you to take any notice from me or anyone else. Time and again you've demonstrated that you're opinionated and unwilling to listen to others.
Wow! Settle down sport, no need to get your knickers in a tangle.🤣 Alarm bells did ring when I saw you were burning the midnight oil to give a detailed reply.
Quote from a post of yours in the Electric Car thread- (I hope everybody can keep things civil. We're talking about cars here, nothing life and death, nothing of any real importance, just a mode of transport. That's all. Nothing worth getting upset about, nothing worth causing upset.)
Seems you want to give the advice above for others to follow but not yourself. It's a brewing forum losing sleep over it is beyond belief. Make yourself a nice cup of PG Tips, decaffeinated of course, and chill out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has confused me. There’s the Apollo 30l snub nose, uni tank and 60l unitank, fermenter king junior in 20 and 10l, ultra taps including the twist and accessories like jackets, ultra fills and other. All this available in multiple retail stores in the UK.

There’s clearly plenty of KK products available here. When a distributor takes products on, there’s a cost to bring them in, warehouse space isn’t free and there’s having cash flow tied up in stock. There’s also a margin structure that doesn’t always translate when you import stock.

If the gripe ultimately is that the particular product wanted isn’t in stock anywhere, it could be that it was unavailable, wouldn’t be a viable price point when it lands, they wouldn’t sell enough to meet moqs or clashes with another product that’s already for sale.

Apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick but it feels like there’s a lot of mud thrown around on this one which might be a little unfair.

Back