Bevie and Keg King Distributing Partnership.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if the retailer gives you the runaround it should not be an issue contacting the manufacturer, to be given a telling off for doing so is unbelievable and as kenstel said they do not deserve your money.
In business and every business, comes across those annoying people whom the retailer or manufacturer can't satisfy. I get suspicious when there is no explanation supporting what the consumer is complaining about.

In business and every business, comes across those annoying people whom the retailer or manufacturer can't satisfy. I get suspicious when there is no explanation supporting what the consumer is complaining about.
No evidence of that here. In any case, one 'can't be bothered company's' awkward customer, is another's 'bend over backwards to please the customers company's ' exacting, knowledgeable customer who'll be back because he's given exactly the information he wants.

A demanding customer's money is worth the same as anyone else's. Ime, very often, it's not a case of the customer being difficult or awkward, just the supplier not knowing how to provide satisfaction or not wanting to add they have enough work.

To be fair, I contacted King Keg about their 5L plastic fermenter which is out of stock everywhere. I was told it was discontinued (so why is it still listed on retailers websites?) and replaced by a 6.5L metal. The 10L plastic is also unavailable in the UK, with no eta.

As I said, I find it strange that more then a year since a new distributor was appointed, the old one is still listed on KK website.

I don't have a problem with KK, except it seems they're out of stock of virtually everything everywhere I've looked, hence my direct approach which was received professionally and cordially.

No evidence of that here. In any case, one 'can't be bothered company's' awkward customer, is another's 'bend over backwards to please the customers company's ' exacting, knowledgeable customer who'll be back because he's given exactly the information he wants.

A demanding customer's money is worth the same as anyone else's. Ime, very often, it's not a case of the customer being difficult or awkward, just the supplier not knowing how to provide satisfaction or not wanting to add they have enough work.

To be fair, I contacted King Keg about their 5L plastic fermenter which is out of stock everywhere. I was told it was discontinued (so why is it still listed on retailers websites?) and replaced by a 6.5L metal. The 10L plastic is also unavailable in the UK, with no eta.

As I said, I find it strange that more then a year since a new distributor was appointed, the old one is still listed on KK website.

I don't have a problem with KK, except it seems they're out of stock of virtually everything everywhere I've looked, hence my direct approach which was received professionally and cordially.
You have to be careful where Google takes you. I had a similar issue, I went around and it was closed even though I checked before I left and it was stated as being open. When they returned to work I pointed it out to the one in charge of the updates, and when he logged on sure enough it was there that it was closed. I logged on with Google again and it showed open?
I use Keg King as my go-to HBS and never come across any problems I find them great to deal with.
As for the Kegs, they have two machines churning them out, mainly for the breweries, I think you would have more chance with the ones being made under license in the Czech Republic Zeg Kegs, would be cheaper too. But need to find a UK importer
Just have to get the Keg King ball lock floating dip tube and you're good to go.
https://drinkpackaging.eu/zeg-keg-2/

Last edited:
Just have to get the Keg King ball lock floating dip tube and you're good to go.
This is an issue as to date no spares are in the UK for the fermenters/any kk products. I want a snub nose tank but no dice.

I'm similar @Brew_DD2, I was looking forward to having their products available in the UK as they do seem to have a good reputation amongst the Australians in the group but they just don't seem ready or mature enough to open up to an international market yet, think I will be sticking to Kegland for now where are least I know what I am getting and they are readily available

In business and every business, comes across those annoying people whom the retailer or manufacturer can't satisfy.
You appear to have moved the goal posts, your original post stated customers should never contact the manufacturer i still disagree.

Last edited:
I'm rigorous for scientific papers and before lectures and presentations any affiliations, sponsors, funding or sources of bias should be disclosed.
I find it annoying when this isn't done and it makes me suspicious about the content.

You have to be careful where Google takes you.
No Google involved, straight from the horses mouth, or the Keg, just a few minutes ago. Look at the time in the top right corner.
Screenshot_20231231-140428_Opera.jpg

I use Keg King as my go-to HBS and never come across any problems I find them great to deal with.

I'm sure they are, normally. There just seems to be little stock in the UK
As for the Kegs, they have two machines churning them out, mainly for the breweries, I think you would have more chance with the ones being made under license in the Czech Republic Zeg Kegs, would be cheaper too. But need to find a UK importer
https://drinkpackaging.eu/zeg-keg-2/
Thanks for the info about the zegkeg. I've seen it before but am a bit put off because I've not seen any reports of anyone using it, no reviews etc.

No Google involved, straight from the horses mouth, or the Keg, just a few minutes ago. Look at the time in the top right corner.
View attachment 94148

I'm sure they are, normally. There just seems to be little stock in the UK

Thanks for the info about the zegkeg. I've seen it before but am a bit put off because I've not seen any reports of anyone using it, no reviews etc.
I have been using the kegs and have several posts about it, no gas is required either.
Brew to Bottle is the only independent importer among the HBS but I don't know if they still order by the container since their restructuring.

I've got a 10 litre one but haven't used it yet.
I'm not interested in bagging the beer inside a food safe PET container, it seems a little unfriendly to the environment.
I have been up cycling Key kegs, petainers and other plastic kegs for several years.
EDIT corrected king keg to key keg

Last edited:
I'm rigorous for scientific papers and before lectures and presentations any affiliations, sponsors, funding or sources of bias should be disclosed.
I find it annoying when this isn't done and it makes me suspicious about the content.
But what did you purchase and have a problem with?
You appear to have moved the goal posts, your original post stated customers should never contact the manufacturer i still disagree.
Not moved any goalposts at all. For example, if you buy a Japanese car and have a problem with it do you take it up with the distributorship in the UK or send off emails and make phone calls to the manufacturer in Japan?
When anything is imported into the UK the importer is deemed to be the manufacturer, it is up to the importer to make sure there are spares available, (this is covered by law in Australia I would be surprised if it isn't in the UK) The importer has to make sure that the goods being imported carry the approval numbers required by the country of destination.
All this is to protect the consumers. Now if anyone wants to contact a manufacturer in the country of origin they are quite welcome to do so but in most cases they will be referred to the distributor or the place of purchase.

Brew to Bottle is the only independent importer among the HBS but I don't know if they still order by the container since their restructuring.

Going way back to 2022
Keg King have a new UK supplier. I recieved an email last night:

In response to your enquiry I am happy to inform you that distribution of our products in the UK going forward will be handled by Bevie.

This is extremely important for us and Bevie was a very logical choice because they are well placed to offer the best channel for us.

So which is it? Bevie or B2B?

If Bevie did not in fact become the distributor, then perhaps the thread title should be changed, or better still, close this one as it obviously only serves for members to post their frustrations about KK. That could be done in a purpose built thread, for all the good it would do.

I have no antagonism with KK, I'd love to buy some of their stuff, but a
good deal of it seems to be out of stock, everywhere. There's obviously demand for it.

I'm just trying to understand the situation with them. Perhaps @foxy, you could explain what you mean by B2B getting his 'fingers burned' for the benefit of those who are less informed?

Last edited:
Going way back to 2022

So which is it? Bevie or B2B?

If Bevie did not in fact become the distributor, then perhaps the thread title should be changed, or better still, close this one as it obviously only serves for members to post their frustrations about KK. That could be done in a purpose built thread, for all the good it would do.

I have no antagonism with KK, I'd love to but some of their stuff, but a
good deal of it seems to be out of stock, everywhere. There's obviously demand for it.

I'm just trying to understand the situation with them. Perhaps @foxy, you could explain what you mean by B2B getting his 'fingers burned' for the benefit of those who are less informed?
They went into administration, or what I would call transformed, aka a 'Phoenix company'. This means that assets were transferred to a new company with I believe the same directors but a different frontman.

They went into administration, or what I would call transformed, aka a 'Phoenix company'. This means that assets were transferred to a new company with I believe the same directors but a different frontman.
And you attribute that to something to do with importing KK products?

Latest posts

Back