Boiler Elements cutting out

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingshoe

Reaction score
Used new boiler (which also doubles as HLT) couple of weeks ago which was a new build using Tesco Kettle elements per ‘How too…’ on the forum.

One element stopped working 15 mins into the boil and the other after about 45 mins (gave an audible Click when stopped)

Have ruled out them being broken as working fine when ran the set-up again using cold water, so must be temp cut out, however I’ve taken away all switches.

Could it be something to do with the white pin switch that is in the Element backing body?

yes, that white pin switch in the back pushes on the metal part and activatres the cut out. i removed mine and not had a problem.

The other thing to watch out for is accumulation of beer stone the brown calciferous gunk which furs up the elements this can make them cut out to. You can scrub them clean with a brillo pad or leave them to soak with a calgon tab in water covering the elements.

However it may well be that you didn't remove the cut out disc as pointed out above.

:thumb:

AG

Thanks Guys

Dics was removed, so either need to give the elements as a scub and remove the pin to see if that resolves for the next brew (hopefully this weekend)

Mine did the same thing last boil, cut out at 60 mins so decided to steep the last hops rather than boil foor a few mins.

i am a bit confused though,on my tesco elements I have a white pin thing that seems very attached to somthing inside and a disc. See enclosed photo, Which bit do I get the pliers of death to?

IMAG0176.jpg

Latest posts

Back