Boiler lagging?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it's gas no , if it's electric yes , have you thought of using an insulation jacket for a hot water tank (only around £10) assuming it's an electric boiler .

It is an electric boiler yeh, Mango barrel with Tesco kettle elements.

Im thinking of attaching it permanently and then cladding it with wooden strips and varnishing or oiling it to protect it, hopefully to the point that you can't see any blue! :hmm:

Looks ok but foil type tagging as used behind radiator etc is the norm I would say. Screwfix etc have it. There must be thermal insulation values to compare. That sticky aluminium" shiny heat tape is good for joints and sticking it onto the vessel. :D
S

Closed cell polyethalene(foam) will do the job & so will the bubble wrap silver insulation from diy stores etc.Camping mats of the dense rubber or foam all work equally well. :cheers:

Sorry to confuse guys, I knew what I meant but didn't explain it properly. :? I do like the sfuff mentioned with the sticky tape, works and looks good. :D
S

I've not used the silver stuff but surely using that first (silver side facing mash tun ) then some hot water tank lagging (after all it's designed to keep hot in from water in tank) and then silver stuff again to tightly bond it all together , just a thought .

That's what I use round my large mango barrel, two elements boils in no time, and if you are ok with gaffer taping our on it can look quite tidy.

mhewitson said:
That's what I use round my large mango barrel, two elements boils in no time, and if you are ok with gaffer taping our on it can look quite tidy.

No problem with gaffer tape :D , but if you use the ali stuff it all looks shiney. :lol:

S

Latest posts

Back