Bottling from Fermzilla All Rounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeJayCee

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a Fermzilla All Rounder. Can you use this to carbonate beer and then bottle directly?

Currently I ferment in a plastic bucket, then bottle using a bottling wand and then carbonate using bottle conditioning with sugar. I'd like to upgrade the bucket to something more sophisticated and see if I can avoid bottle conditioning (to avoid the inevitable yeast at the bottom of the bottle).

I have a fermentation fridge so I can cold crash. I don't have the space or logistics to be able to keg.

If this is possible, what other equipment do I need except for the Fermzilla All Rounder?

If you're planning on carbonating in the Fermzilla, then I think the pressure would be too great to bottle using a normal bottling wand.

A counter pressure bottle filler would work though.

GEB have a video here showing this, from 23 minutes.

A counter pressure bottle filler would work though.

Thanks for the video. Yes I was thinking a proper bottling gun would be needed.

I presume I'll need a CO2 bottle too. Would a soda-stream bottle work? I don't think I'd get through an entire big bottle of CO2 very quickly just using it for bottle filling.

I do this with most of my brews, carbonate in allrounder then use Boel iTap to bottle

Great. Thanks for the feedback. The iTap looks pricey.

I've just discovered the Fermenter King Junior which looks like it will fit better in my fridge. I only do < 20L batches, so this might suit.
Is this a decent alternative?

Ive just discovered the Fermenter King Junior which looks like it will fit better in my fridge. I only do < 20L batches, so this might suit.
Is this a decent alternative?
I have an AR and think it's a great bit of kit but I've been eying up Keg King now for a while. As far as I can see it will work just as well (cleaning might be slightly harder) but I reckon I could get two juniors into my brew fridge vs one AR. Which would be great for doing split batches (I'm getting interested in side-by-side experiments).
Don't forget about headroom for fermentation. The Chubby might be a better option... If you can find somewhere where they are in stock.

Latest posts

Back