Fermzilla All rounder Dip tubr

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk34

Landlord.
Reaction score
Kegged a beer from my first use of fermzilla all rounder and there was quite a bit left over at the end that I couldn't transfer. I think that the floating diptube is a bit too long as it curled around the bottom of the fermzilla and prevented the float from floating šŸ˜ƒ

Should I have cut the diptube so that it just about touches the bottom of the fermenter when empty or leave it as it was delivered? Would like to hear others experience of this.

I cut mine down to be just above the bottom when empty (I think!!) I thought the tube was long enough for both the 30l and the larger version when delivered...
I do tilt my all rounder near the end of the transfer to get as much out as possible and it seems to get most of beer out.

Yep. I have done, do both. I cut it down a bit and also tilt the fermzilla to get the fluid level above the floating Dip tube..managed to get almost everything last week athumb..

Thanks guys, confirmed my thoughts. I did tilt at the end to get just under 18litres in keg but the tube was curled around the top of the the trub. Will cut it down before next brew day at the weekend.

Its great that you can tilt the all-rounder. I starting tilting it about half way through the transfer and usually only leave around a litre in the bottom...unless the keg is full of course.

Both of my IPA's were 23 litres in the fermenter as I hadn't calculated the pre boil volume correctly. I then only put 17.5 litres into each keg as I am keg hopping in a ss tube, so had quite a bit left over to bottle. I did tilt it to get another 1 litre into 2 bottles or so but then the tube curled around the bottom and couldn't get the tube under the beer again. I think the ispindel bring in the way didn't help either.

Took me a while to try and get a transfer tube setup so I could bottle from fermzilla.

Overall, I really like the all-rounder but it did take some jiggery pokery to get it fitted into one of my fridge. Really like the totally closed transfer and had kept 2psi throughout the fermentation to allow for the pressure transfer at the end.

Will cut the diptube to size for the tropical stout in doing tomorrow.

even when it is cut to length it can hang up so a gentle tilting can usually enable you to chase the tube end around to suck up all the beer without disturbing trub if you're gentle.

I cut mine to length and had currently got a stout on there for the next 10 days. Will see if that improves the situation with a gentle bit of tilting as well

I did notice that the metal ring that the handles are attached to had started to rust quite badly after only one use. Anyone else had this ? I did put a wee pound shop dehumidifier in the brew fridge this time around.

I had a bit of rusting on my snubnose frame where I had stored it in my germ fridge and the CRS had leaked. It looked bad but was only surface rust and came off with a rub with scotch bright

If it's the screw part use a rubber strap wrench...not sure what they are called..much easier with one.
If the o ring seal is stuck I usually push on the gas posts a little and usually pops.

I need to get this as it's really difficult to get off.

Screenshot_2022-11-27-14-04-48-706_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I was just thinking that the tool posted above probably wouldn't help as it's not the actual screw part of the fermzilla that is the issue.

I was just thinking that the tool posted above probably wouldn't help as it's not the actual screw part of the fermzilla that is the issue.
Its how to pop the lid, I seen a few online that use a butter knife. I don't want to cause damage but its a very tight fit

Its how to pop the lid, I seen a few online that use a butter knife. I don't want to cause damage but its a very tight fit
I wouldn't use a knife . I have use the gas. Unscrew the lid a few turns and and a psi or 2 to pop the lid. Don't put you face over it incase you pop the locking nut of the thread if you put too much gas in...I have used this method once or twice

No need to tighten the lid in the first place. Just give it a good tweak. Tightening it hard doesnā€™t do anything to improve sealing. I leave a small amount of pressure in so as you unscrew the kit it pops the top off.

Latest posts

Back