Brew shops in South Cumbria / North Lancs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin22

Reaction score
Hi, just decided to get back into brewing again after too many years (20) away from it!

Anyway i need to start getting some new kit as i no longer have my own stuff. Just going to start with a couple of decent tins (probably a Festival one as they seem to get good reports, and a Belgian beer from Brewferm) before i move on to all grain stuff.

Cant find any Homebrew shops on the internet anywhere in the South Lakes / North Lancs / Barrow area. Are there any?!

I can get stuff online if there arent any, but as i need a new barrel i'm trying to see if theres anywhere locally that will do S30 refills before i commit to one of those barrels.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Google search for "homebrew Barrow" gets nothing closer than Kirkham. Not exactly next door.
Anybody know?

Wilko's in Barrow sell some stuff, kits, buckets etc plus other chemicals for wine and beer. Murray's chemist down near the library in Barrow also have some stuff. The Range in Barrow also stock a limited range. In Kendal the healthfood shop just off the market square also carry a basic range. There is also Appleseeds in Ulverston, but I've never visited so don't know what they carry. But worth checking out if you go to Ulverston. But the nearest hardcore homebrew shop will be Leyland. Or the internet of course. So it depends on what you want. None of the South Lakes shops sell grains etc for AG, so again it's the internet or Leyland if you go in person. There is also the HB shop in Fleetwood is you ever go down that way. Not been but by the look of it they carry a decent range. Aleman may be able to help with that one as it's his local LHBS.

Forgot to add that J&R Gases are the best bet for CO2 if you need that. They deliver. About £22 for a refill pub size CO2 bottle with a £50 deposit. They recently put up the price from £15 to £17 plus vat. No charge for delivery.

bobsbeer said:
There is also the HB shop in Fleetwood is you ever go down that way. Not been but by the look of it they carry a decent range. Aleman may be able to help with that one as it's his local LHBS.
Fleetwood, I don't go to fleetwood! . . . . If your speed drops below 30mph they'll have the wheels off your car!!

Actually, I'm not aware of a shop in Fleetwood (probably been burned out) , I know of one in Thornton, which is reasonable, but has a limited stock. There is a great one (for kits) in St Annes (Something Brewing) . . . Personally if I was making a journey of that length to go to a home brew shop I'd go down to Leyland, Joe is a cracking bloke and the shop is stacked floor to ceiling with gear and ingredients for kits AND all Grain . . . Last time I was in he had just taken delivery of a tonne of malt

Back