Brewuk website "down for maintenance"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I have so your guess is wrong. Read my question. " Is there any news".

The answer was in post #114 below (your post was #117) so the question asking if you had read the last two pages was spot on!

Just got the "Notice of proposed creditors voluntary liquidation" for Brew UK in the post.

Turns out, since they owe me a 1 kg bag of malt, I'm a creditor. Considering the lawyers are taking the time and trouble to follow-up on such small amounts, I'm guessing they're not being paid with smack-packs.

Last edited:
Or is the only option to buy the components separately and use the recipe sheets I've kept?

Many of the recipes came from the Graham Wheeler book and there are other companies out there doing the same recipe kits e.g. Worcs Hop Shop Kits | Worcester Hop Shop (I thought they did Extract as well as AG kits but can't seem to find them).

Or buy your own ingredients. The malt extract is the biggest outlay, cheapest I've found latetly is Brew2bottle £5.95 for a kg of DME Light Spray Malt 1kg

That is *****************************/ Young's Home Brew Limited. Looks like they are expanding in to retail sales.

Edit
It looks like I'm not allowed to post a link to a homebrew supplier, but if you want to see who I am talking about the Google or any other search engine will find it

looks very much like Youngs have bought the name the original company for brewuk is in liquidation. Sounds very much like Youngs are expanding into retail sales.

That is *****************************/ Young's Home Brew Limited. Looks like they are expanding in to retail sales.

Edit
It looks like I'm not allowed to post a link to a homebrew supplier, but if you want to see who I am talking about the Google or any other search engine will find it
Not sure which website you're referring to as searching for Young's simply brings up results for Young's 🤔

Cheers Tom

*****************************/
Ah, see what you mean now about the link not posting. I wonder if it's a forum specific thing as the website itself loads fine

Cheers Tom

The thing is, it will be more expensive for all Youngs produced/supplied/branded products as they simply could not undercut their resellers.

BrewUk looks like it is now a Youngs Home brew company

BrewUK

This is what you now see if you visit - www.brewuk.co,uk
( , so it shows in the post)

Look at the bottom.

bbbbbbre.JPG

Last edited:
Back