can i use this fruit juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro68

Reaction score
hi there , i have searched every supermarket in the area an all i can get with white wine juice is Sainsburys white grape and peach juice from concenrate. my question is can i use this for a WOW variant and do i have to boil this juice first incase of preservatives . the ingredient list is water,white grape juice from concentrate, peach juice from concentrate ,sugar,malic acid and flavourings.The WOW recipe i was going to follow asked for 1ltr of grape juice and 1ltr of another juice ,will i be okay using 2 ltrds of this stuff . thanks in advance.

Peter

Did you check asda? I remember someone mentioning that getting grape juice was quite difficult. They have always had loads when I've went in though.

yep ,went to tesco ,asda ,aldi ,lidl ,morrisons and sainsbury phew and used about £15 worth of diesel doing so haha, so much for a cheap wine :)

Peter

pedro68 said:
yep ,went to tesco ,asda ,aldi ,lidl ,morrisons and sainsbury phew and used about £15 worth of diesel doing so haha, so much for a cheap wine :)

Peter

Lol. Did the have the red grape juice in asda?

yeah , afew of the shops had the red grape juice and sainsbury had the red and rosie.never mind got there in the end :)

Peter

pedro68 said:

Peter

they keep it at our asda,, make sure you ask because it is kept in a different section from the fruit juices

I have been hunting today too. Got a welch's Rosé grape juice in the fresh section in the end, but then found i didnt have a spare airlock, so couldnt do it. Will have to get to the LHBS tomorrow :roll:

yeah i could have got the rosie but swmbo wants a white wine so i went for the other stuff,your inventory of kit is like mine i think ,growing by the day :) keep telling the missus that once i have it all it just ingredients we need and we are good to go . got 60 bottle from my work last week and will get another 60 when a nice bottle comes on i work in a glass bottle making factory ....result :cheers:

Sounds like a good place to work! :thumb: I am after some 500ml clear glass bottles but they seem hard to come by. Went to the HBS today (before i realised i needed another airlock!) and i said to my BF that i honestly didnt need much this time. I went on wednesday and spent £130, not to mention what i spent the week before and the week before that............... :whistle:

Like you say, once you got it, its a fairly cheap hobby. Trouble is, i keep finding more that i need :)

haha im exactly the same , iv taken to sneaking stuff into the house when this missus is out and none the wiser , im really enjoying wine making but a lot of it is waiting , i plan to stagger my brews so iv always got something to do :cheers:

Back