Car sales.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Down on this month last year but a record 32,000 electric vehicles have been sold, I have noticed how many Teslas are on the roads here have they finally become a car people can use every day.

Hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles accounted for over 10 percent of car registrations in the United Kingdom in 2020, and demand for electrified vehicles among new car intenders in the United Kingdom stands at roughly 40 percent.12 Aug 2021

Seeing that nearly all new cars are classed as an hybrid it's only a matter of time before they outsell non-hybrids

Just ordered a Skoda Enyaq, lovely car with all the room I need for the family. An achievable 330 mile range and with the facility to fast charge. I always said as soon as an affordable good sized EV hit the market with decent range I would go electric.

1633444531489.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-144709_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-144709_Samsung Internet.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a Skoda Enyaq, lovely car with all the room I need for the family. An achievable 330 mile range and with the facility to fast charge. I always said as soon as an affordable good sized EV hit the market with decent range I would go electric.
Nice looking car. Will be interested in seeing how it tows

Just ordered a Skoda Enyaq, lovely car with all the room I need for the family

To think people used to laugh at people who owned a Skoda i doubt any of them would say no to one now.

To think people used to laugh at people who owned a Skoda i doubt any of them would say no to one now.
This will be my third new Skoda and I have to say they are the best cars I've owned. Excellent spec, well priced and really nice to drive.

Too rich for my blood. When my '92 Chevy Lumina goes t!ts up it's the bus for me. It has barely 147,000 miles and runs so quiet it's hard to hear it. Three years ago it passed California emissions test which is the strictest in the country.

I'm looking at opting back in to the company car scheme and going for a full EV. I go up two car bands by having a zero co2 car, plus 0% BIK for the first year and 1% after means it will cost me about £15 a month in year two and £30 a month in year 3 for a lovely BMW i3 or high spec VW ID3.
But I am tempted by a hybrid Merc e class 300de, as I like estate's which is still very much not there in terms of pure EV. Unfortunately the monthly payments are a 'bit' more...

Sorry class68 - no s#@%ing suv for me. Cannot abide them. Most hateful vehicles ever inflicted on humanity. But I am shocked by how slow car makers are being at offering full EV estates, so I can sort of see why for some there is no option but to go suv, if they need the extra load space.

I'm looking at opting back in to the company car scheme and going for a full EV. I go up two car bands by having a zero co2 car, plus 0% BIK for the first year and 1% after means it will cost me about £15 a month in year two and £30 a month in year 3 for a lovely BMW i3 or high spec VW ID3.
But I am tempted by a hybrid Merc e class 300de, as I like estate's which is still very much not there in terms of pure EV. Unfortunately the monthly payments are a 'bit' more...

Sorry class68 - no s#@%ing suv for me. Cannot abide them. Most hateful vehicles ever inflicted on humanity. But I am shocked by how slow car makers are being at offering full EV estates, so I can sort of see why for some there is no option but to go suv, if they need the extra load space.
😂😂 love an SUV me, brilliant family cars, loads of room. Not for everyone I admit but for us they're perfect.

Sorry class68 - no s#@%ing suv for me. Cannot abide them. Most hateful vehicles ever inflicted on humanity.

Totally with you on that. When I pointed them out to the wife, she was astounded at how many of these wanna-be 4x4's there are on the road. Around here, it's pretty much every other car...

Nicks90
Sorry class68 - no s#@%ing suv for me. Cannot abide them. Most hateful vehicles ever inflicted on humanity.

Totally with you on that. When I pointed them out to the wife, she was astounded at how many of these wanna-be 4x4's there are on the road. Around here, it's pretty much every other car...

I have a bad back and am struggling with my current car as the seat is so low i am looking at one of these and as there are so many about second hand prices are reasonable.

Many of the smaller SUV's have small turbo petrol engines and are very economical and many are not much bigger than a mid size family car what i do not like is Chelsea tractors (Range Rover type) being driven by one person which seem to be on the increase.

I drive a 2000 Audi A2 tdi, bought it from new. 150,000 miles on the clock. £25 to tax, £100 to insure average repairs £100 a year.
Still gives 56 - 65mpg depending how you drive. As long as I don't get a bill for more than £500 I'll be keeping her forever.
Where I live in Glasgow you couldn't buy an EV because every one lives in tenement flats. No where to park never mind somewhere to plug in!

Chippy If you can cope with an older car the A2 is a breeze to get in and out of. Also due to its design its a Tardis for its external size.
Also lots of support online with the A2OC. Hard to find because most people keep them.

Some of you must hate me I have just bought a Vauxhall Mokka, I like the higher seating arrangement as it is easier getting the Grandkids in and the boot level is better for taking things in and out not easier as age descends :laugh8:

I would love to go electric, but I can't stand SUVs and crossovers and I can't afford a Tesla. As soon as there is a decent mix of performance hatchbacks I will make the change.

There will be some cheap 2nd hand cars around in London when the ULEZ kicks in on the 25th October.

I was looking at the Leaf there are lots for sale on Autotrader ranging from £5000 one thing i learned when looking a them is there is a gauge which tells you the battery degradation (see below) most of the ones on there even the lowest priced ones were nearly full.

nnnnnnnn.jpg

Review here - Used Nissan Leaf Review After 6 Years of Ownership – Be Sustainable

Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)

Unveiled in 2010, the Nissan Leaf is the best-selling electric car in Europe, and should therefore be the most plentiful on used-car listings. With a brand-new version released in 2018, the previous model (which was built until 2017) has seen its values drop. Performance is adequate – 0-62mph takes 11.5 seconds – but you still benefit from the same refined ride you'll find in most new electric cars.

Two battery options were offered and effective range depends on which you buy: the 24kWh version manages 124 miles, while the larger 30kWh model is good for 155 miles. Both should be perfect for urban commuting duties, even if you don’t have charging facilities at work. A full charge from a domestic socket should take around 12-15 hours, while a wallbox charger will see this drop to around nine hours; at a public rapid charger, 80% should be attainable in around half an hour.
Prices range from around £5,000 for an early model with the smaller battery, rising to around £10,000 for a good 2016 example with the larger battery and laround 30,000 miles. Beware, however, if you're spending as much as that, the newer, much improved second-generation Leaf may be within budget. Read our guide to buying a used Nissan Leaf here.

1633533207428.png

I would love to go electric, but I can't stand SUVs and crossovers and I can't afford a Tesla.

I thought that. We are just into the last year of a 5 year loan we took out to buy a used 13 plate Ford S Max. For less than £100 a month more than the loan repayment, I could lease a Tesla Model 3!

Latest posts

Back