Celeia instead of Styrian Goldings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferosa

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m just making my first home brew (first non kit anyway)

just realised I’ve got celeia hops instead of styrian goldings... not sure how that happened, but any advice about what I can do?

my hop additions are 17g Saaz at boil, 5g styrian goldings at boil, 6g styrian at 20 mins...

my celeia hops are 2.5% alpha

can I do a straight swap? I have Saaz hops too.

thanks

There are loads of different hops going under the umbrella name of "Styrian Goldings". Celeia (and Bobek) are two of the most well known. Celeia is a lovely fragrant hop, nothing to worry about.

Tell you what's weird I've just made Tribute and after finishing thought I'd check the hops St. Austel use. They use Fuggles, Celeia and Willamette. I'd never heard of Celeia so checked it out. It's a cross of Fuggles, Aurora and wild yeast. I used Challenger and Willamette. 😺

The reason Celeia were developed is because nobody could agree on the spelling of Savinjski, Savinskji, Sjavinski..
aheadbutt. Which are the Styrians I come across most frequency in recipes for commercial brews. Yes, Celeia are a lovely hop, too. Don't know Bobek.

Me too, I've always considered Celiea and Styrian Golding the same thing. Not sure about Bobek?

I grow Celiea , a great fragrant hop that is really nice as a late hop in British ales. I've just made a Tribute-ish beer late hopped with them with Willamette as the main bittering hop.

Back