Changing Temp on Sestos PID

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkabout

Reaction score
Hi Guys
First post so be gentle!
I have just set up a system using a Sestos PID, (Their "instructions" have to be the worst I have seen in ages!)
If I have it set at specific temperature and normally use auto mode, can I go into a manual mode and change temp
for a short time?
Then go back to Auto mode for the normal temp?
Or If I am operating at different temperatures is it easier using manual mode all the time and just adjust up and down as I like?

Thanks

Mark

u can change the set point or target temp on the fly using the up n down buttons..

+1 for the auber manual generally if u google 'auber pid manual' its at the top of the list.. its not gospel as there are a few differences one being the lack of F display mode in the sestos box, so always refer to the sestos sheet for legal inputs but the auber manual is good for meat on the bones.

for best results u can set up the usual hlt volume and run an autotune to derive optimal pid parameters for your setup.

beermaker said:
Are these sestos units good then? I'm looking to build something along the lines of the Electric Brewery (http://www.theelectricbrewery.com) as i'm horrified at the cost of propane!

Btw Fil, that digital thermostat you recommended is the dogs danglies! Cheers! :thumb:

U made a tidy job of the mod too, i ment to drop a positive comment in your thread about it..

as for the sestos pids being any good?? afaik they are the best of the budget offerings, but not as good as the auber jobs they emulate.

the auber emulation being a good thing as the auber manual helps make the bloody thing a wee bit less confusing ;)

The s/w is beyond me to critisise but there have been posts in some forums about the lying feature, where some pids display expected temps rather than actual??
i think its been noticed with rex c100 pids more, and i cant find the posts to link to right now..??

Why thank you :) I'm very much an advocate of the "measure twice, cut once" approach!

Funnily enough I was just looking at a Rex C100 thinking it was far too cheap to be good! Found Aubers from around £35 plus shipping from the states, although I suspect you'd get nailed on import duty. Guess it's the luck of the draw there - I got my refractometer from the US no problems, but when I ordered an EPROM chip I got stung over £20 in import tax and "handling fees"

Might have a closer look at the Sestos units - just run out of propane and rather than commit to another big bottle of the stuff I may just start down the road of electric now with the boiler and go from there.

Latest posts

Back