Cheap vs Expensive Shiny ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjam

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm upgrading the plastic. Is a nice S/S worth the extra cost. £137 vs £200 aprrox

I'll keep the plastic Mash Tun and was considering Electric HLT and an S/S kettle (gas). What do you think?

I'm upgrading the plastic. Is a nice S/S worth the extra cost. £137 vs £200 aprrox

Sorry to hijack this thread :laugh8: I think that you should buy what you can afford. Sometimes cheap is ok if you don't expect to use it that often but quality always lasts (hopefully).

Yes, I hoped you wouldn't say that but I'm pretty sure your right ....... shame though.

I'm looking to set myself up with a shiny-shiny three pot system but it seems impossible to get my hands on anything at the moment.
As Pjam mentioned, I'll just kick my heels until the madness subsides and then set myself up.
I'm in no hurry, my keezer is (sort of) full.

I want Shiny but the lockdown brewers have bought the lot :(
Brewbuilder still have their 5 gallon mini FV in stock at this time. They also have the 50 litre flat bottom variety if you want bigger and don't mind paying for the tri-clamp fittings (I have the 33l version that's currently out of stock). I can't recommend an SS fermenter enough - totally inert to wort/beer, airtight and sparkling clean for each use.

Latest posts

Back