Christmas beer ideas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great articles there Hazelwood.
Unfortunately with totally conflicting methods, or maybe there is no best way.
One advocated nuts in the mash, the other post fermentation.
But both mention the need to reduce the oil content.
I'm doing the Wreck The Halls this weekend, so I'll do some more research.
Maybe even try some Biscotti biscuits washed down with stout!
Cheers
My take from their comments is that you need to choose whether to maximise flavour or foam. I think I’d go flavour. It might of course still be possible to get there by maximising foam and just adding more nuts to compensate for loss of flavour?

Great articles there Hazelwood.
Unfortunately with totally conflicting methods, or maybe there is no best way.
One advocated nuts in the mash, the other post fermentation.
But both mention the need to reduce the oil content.
I'm doing the Wreck The Halls this weekend, so I'll do some more research.
Maybe even try some Biscotti biscuits washed down with stout!
Cheers
Yes actually the recipe I saw also had almond extract and vanilla extract at bottling. So that’s another option. Be interested to hear how you get on with Wreck the Halls, I just ordered the kit. I’ve got another brew this weekend so I’ll do it in a couple of weeks time once the fermenter is free again.

Greg Hughes Recipe for a Christmas Ale.

Needs Brewing now though.

8C2B0A4B-315B-4D35-82C9-F281A3D380B2.jpeg

That sort of stuff should be kept to mulled wine in my opinion.
I've never tried spiced beer, but that's my standpoint on a lot of things like this. I had some "Christmas pudding coffee beans" many years ago.

In fairness, they did taste like Christmas pudding. But I don't want Christmas pudding in my coffee. I'd rather have a great cup of coffee and a slice of Christmas pudding on the side. Never both in the same mouthful.

Each to their own. Personally I like Christmas spiced anything, beer included. Fruit sour beer? No way, that’s not beer. But everyone loves those nowadays. Each to their own.

I've never tried spiced beer, but that's my standpoint on a lot of things like this. I had some "Christmas pudding coffee beans" many years ago.

In fairness, they did taste like Christmas pudding. But I don't want Christmas pudding in my coffee. I'd rather have a great cup of coffee and a slice of Christmas pudding on the side. Never both in the same mouthful.
Same here. Wife loves those Christmas latte things that pop up. I hate them. Gingerbread latte ? Nope.

Surly it’s Gose not our Canadian flying things. I come from a salt town Northwich where wich means salt town but I would never add salt to beer.

Look goose is a bird and Gose is salty beer believe it or not there’s a difference. Unless we keep up standards we will be spelling English like the Americans. 😂😂😂

Back