Coffee wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rozza2010

Reaction score
I was woundering if anyone had tried coffee wine??

I have started a batch going last night and there has been so much foam bubbling out of the top, is this normal. None of my other brews have ever done this.
this is the recipe I used.

2Tblspoons of coffee Nescafe smooth blend
1Kg sugar
1 lemon juice

id appropriate any feed back.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul
what else went in there? Any grape juice or raisins?

What yeast did you use? Been meaning to try a coffee wine for a ling time!

This is one i havnt tried, I would probably try more coffee and probably a different coffee.

Let us know how it turns out and if the coffee flavours still there.... :clap:

I used this coffee just because i its the one i normally buy and i like it.

Everything ive read online suggests that coffee wine can be really good. Although nothing mentioned how good the taste would be.

I used harris yeast which also has nutrient in it. But I added a bit of extra nutrient because i didnt think it would do anything. Prob hence the foam.

No raisins or grape juice, might try it again with grape juice next time. (if it turns out ok)

This is what it currently looks like.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BELQy-e4lQ0zA6Wr6FMSsQ?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A7ajDP4lYZYHJmXKYYNk4g?feat=directlink

Ill keep you posted

Wow that looks fab. Would be really interested to see how it turns out.

This may seem like an obvious question but what else did you use to create that much wine?
was it just plain old water or anything special?

I have tried this on numerous occasions just using the cheap supermarket coffee, water, citric acid, yeast and yeast enhancer and it does make a very good wine. Perfect when there are no other wild ingredients about. Tea wine is also quite good but i find the coffee has a better flavour.

I have tried this on numerous occasions just using the cheap supermarket coffee, water, citric acid, yeast and yeast enhancer and it does make a very good wine. Perfect when there are no other wild ingredients about. Tea wine is also quite good but i find the coffee has a better flavour.

Do you think you could please give me the exact quantities of ingredients and a recipe please (Hopefully I’m not being too cheeky) :)

I have had my appetite wet :D

Latest posts

Back