Cornie Cornie dilemma

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about purchasing a 12L cornie, but I'm not sure weather or not to go through with the purchase.

I used to mini keg and had great success, but now I live in a motorhome full time I'm wanting to be able to keg my beer and not have to finish the beer in the keg within a few days like I did with the Mini Kegs.

I'm assuming beer lasts much longer in a cornie once you've started drinking from it? Is this correct?

Like if I start drinking from it could i go back to it a week after and the beer still be fresh ?

You are correct Rob beer will not keep indefinitely in a Cornie2 but not far off. I keep mine in cornies for months on end as long as you are keeping the co2 above the beer, the only down side if you keep it too long is the loss of hop character but it will keep your beer fresh for months

You are correct Rob beer will not keep indefinitely in a Cornie2 but not far off. I keep mine in cornies for months on end as long as you are keeping the co2 above the beer, the only down side if you keep it too long is the loss of hop character but it will keep your beer fresh for months
Ahhh fantastic to hear... It certainly won't be staying in for months. Just a couple of weeks at the most... Do I need to keep the keg cool once tapped?

Really yes as it will make the beer warm and if it gets too high can start a re-fermentation on the odd time.
Keeping it cool or the temperature you want your beer at usually means a fridge or converted freezer if you search for kegerators or keezer it will give you a idea of what some brewers do but any cool place will suffice especially for British ales/Bitters as they can be served slightly warmer, Lagers really need to be cooler

Really yes as it will make the beer warm and if it gets too high can start a re-fermentation on the odd time.
Keeping it cool or the temperature you want your beer at usually means a fridge or converted freezer if you search for kegerators or keezer it will give you a idea of what some brewers do but any cool place will suffice especially for British ales/Bitters as they can be served slightly warmer, Lagers really need to be cooler

🥴😬🥴😬 I don't have the option of having a kegerator unfortunately as I live full time in my Motorhome... I'll be able to fit a 12L cornie in my fridge when I want to chill down my beer before drinking. Ill be able to keep the Keg cool when not in my fridge. I'll be only doing Ales...

So that being said, do you think it'll work alright? 🤔

🥴😬🥴😬 I don't have the option of having a kegerator unfortunately as I live full time in my Motorhome... I'll be able to fit a 12L cornie in my fridge when I want to chill down my beer before drinking. Ill be able to keep the Keg cool when not in my fridge. I'll be only doing Ales...

So that being said, do you think it'll work alright? 🤔

Fluctuations in temperature will likely give you issues with fobbing.

As I understand it, it's Co2 coming out of suspension in the beer. So basically, foaming up excessively when you pour. Not to be confused with getting a head on your beer, that can be controlled. Fobbing is uncontrolled, similar to opening a bottle of beer then tapping the top of it with another bottle

Cheers Tom

Back