Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And she said it would be "difficult to stop the flow from England".

TBH - I don't want to stop the flow OF BEER from England. - Tenby brewery is good, beeriff too, and of course tiny rebel, but nowhere near the numbers of great breweries across the border. PS - had my AZ vaccination in margam park. Should have made a day out of it and saved £6 park entrance fee that usually applies

I see that “our Tony” (Blair) has said fully vaccinated people should not be penalised because some people refuse the jab and others are not yet fully vaccinated. This is back to the passport which seems inevitable to me.
He did have a point that the word 'discrimination' is loaded these days. We positively discriminated for the elderly by giving them the jab first, but the MSM love to use it in a negative way given negativity sells more copies. We were prejudiced towards the elderly not against when it came to vaccines. It seems fair to me to discriminate in the appropriate circumstances.

maybe a halfway house would be to say that social distancing applies to unvaccinated who don't have a health related reason for being jabbed? so a table of mates (all vaccinated) would be able to get together with their pal who might be on chemo. If you had such a pal and didn't vaccinate you could be hastening his end otherwise? - different argument when it comes to in-laws you'd rather not see again :roll:

Had my second jab today at the Kassam stadium in Oxford. No queue for second ones so straight in and straight out. Very well organised. A few more lined up for their first jab but the queue was still longer for the carwash 🙂

1623000957825.png

I see that “our Tony” (Blair) has said fully vaccinated people should not be penalised because some people refuse the jab and others are not yet fully vaccinated. This is back to the passport which seems inevitable to me.
I agree, it seems inevitable. The thing is, COVID represents a clear and present danger, would the government be remiss in not taking steps to stop the spread of it by allowing non vaccinated people to put others in danger?
I see both sides of the story, I think if is wasn’t for fakebook and the like, there would be a lot less of this refusal to take it.

Had my second jab today at the Kassam stadium in Oxford. No queue for second ones so straight in and straight out. Very well organised. A few more lined up for their first jab but the queue was still longer for the carwash 🙂
Given that when I booked my first jab (when they opened it up to 31 year olds) also at the Kassam Stadium it was basically a two week wait, I‘m getting mine this Sunday, I suspect that part of the reason for the smaller number getting first jabs is the reduction in the wait time between jabs for the over fifties mean less slots available for first shots.

That said glad to hear that it is being well organised up in a Oxford gives me some confidence for Sunday.

I rebooked my second appointment three weeks earlier than originally booked.

The mass vaccination centre I went to for my first jab (Epsom race course) was a marvel of ergonomic efficiency. Everything was organised as well as it could be to maximise the throughput with a very small number of vaccinators.

I agree, it seems inevitable. The thing is, COVID represents a clear and present danger, would the government be remiss in not taking steps to stop the spread of it by allowing non vaccinated people to put others in danger?
I see both sides of the story, I think if is wasn’t for fakebook and the like, there would be a lot less of this refusal to take it.

A democratically elected government can only limit its people's freedom so much.

In a bad year we accept 30,000 flu deaths as matter of course and it doesn't really get a mention. We could put restrictions on people, and we could mandate flu jabs, but we don't.

Covid is more transmissible and more dangerous, so I think that everyone that is healthy and able should be getting vaccinated, and will need annual boosters for the foreseeable future. But it can't be made a legal requirement, and I don't see us going backwards on restrictions.

Hancock spoke in the House of Commons earlier, and said out of 12,383 Delta variant cases in UK till June 3rd:
- 126 were admitted to hospital
- 83 were unvaccinated
- 28 had one jab
- Just 3 people had both doses

OK there's 12 cases missing in the numbers there, but it basically suggests that as long as we keep sticking needles in people then things aren't going backwards.

Additionally the CEO of NHS Trusts had this to say:

Summary:
- Infections are rising
- Hospitalisations are going up, but not alarmingly. Those trusts at the 'front of the wave' are already seeing declines now.
- Those hospitalised are generally younger, with less requirements for critical care (so less pressure on the hospital), and don't have two vaccinations (again - keep sticking needles in people).
- Delta is clearly more transmissible, but there needs to be a sensible debate over how we want to proceed. Not against relaxing restrictions, but it will have an impact on mortality and NHS backlog reduction.

Last edited:
A democratically elected government can only limit its people's freedom so much.

In a bad year we accept 30,000 flu deaths as matter of course and it doesn't really get a mention. We could put restrictions on people, and we could mandate flu jabs, but we don't.

Covid is more transmissible and more dangerous, so I think that everyone that is healthy and able should be getting vaccinated, and will need annual boosters for the foreseeable future. But it can't be made a legal requirement, and I don't see us going backwards on restrictions.
I’m not sure about that. It would be an odd situation not to allow a person into a pub with a fag on, but let in potentially infected plague carriers.

Vaccine passports to be used at all Euro games played at Wembley. More venues will follow.

BBC News -

Euro 2020: Vaccine passports to be used at Wembley group fixtures

England's Euro 2020 group games at Wembley Stadium will be the first sporting event at which vaccine passports will be used in the UK.

Uefa says UK-based ticket holders aged 11 or over can show proof of full vaccination, with both doses received at least 14 days before the match.
Those not fully vaccinated must show proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within the previous 48 hours.

England play Croatia in their opening group game on Sunday.

Ticket holders for matches taking place at Hampden Park will not be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test.

Fans who live in England attending games at Wembley can show their vaccination status via the NHS app.

Uefa says its "main priority" is to deliver a safe tournament, and is "working with the local governments and health authorities to ensure measures adhere to the public health guidance of the host country".

Wembley and Hampden Park are among 11 venues across Europe hosting Euro 2020 games. The others are in Rome, Munich, Baku, St Petersburg, Budapest, Seville, Bucharest, Amsterdam and Copenhagen.

Wembley will host a maximum of 22,500 fans - 25% of its capacity - for England's group D fixtures against Croatia, Scotland and Czech Republic.

The stadium is also due to host a last-16 tie as well as both semi-finals and the final.

At the moment I would far rather enjoy the sun somewhere local than be crowded on a plane then on arriving in another country worrying the county is going to be moved into a red zone with all the **** that comes with that, give me a nice sunny day here where I can decide between the beach or visiting somewhere else any day.

Its looking a bit grim in Lancashire i think another lockdown is inevitable, its OK Andy Burnham saying -

The Labour Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, said people should be cautious and vigilant but should "carry on living their lives".
"This is guidance, it is advice to the public, it is not a lockdown, it is not a ban," he said.
"This is not about telling people to cancel their plans, it is asking them to be careful in setting any new ones, to minimise non-essential travel and that in our view is a sensible approach given the rise in cases."

People have demonstrated time and time again they are incapable of using common sense and will ignore requests they only obey orders.

Covid: Greater Manchester and Lancashire to get extra help

Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire will receive extra help to tackle a rise in the Delta variant.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said a "strengthened package of support" would be provided to boost Covid vaccinations and testing.
It will include military support and supervised in-school testing in the areas hardest hit.
People have also been advised to minimise travel in and out of the area and avoid meeting indoors.
Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire have been identified as places where the so-called Indian variant, now named the Delta variant by the World Health Organization, is spreading the fastest.
As part of the government guidance, residents are also being encouraged to get tested twice a week and continue to work from home if possible.
Schools can also reintroduce face coverings in communal areas if advised to do so by directors of public health.

Mr Hancock said the package was based on "what's working in Bolton" which saw its infection rates drop after being offered enhanced support.
"We know that this approach can work, we've seen it work in south London and in Bolton in stopping a rise in the number of cases," he said.
"This is the next stage of tackling the pandemic in Manchester and in Lancashire, and of course it's vital that people in these areas - as everywhere else - come forward and get the jab as soon as they're eligible because that is our way out of this pandemic together."
The Labour Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, said people should be cautious and vigilant but should "carry on living their lives".
"This is guidance, it is advice to the public, it is not a lockdown, it is not a ban," he said.
"This is not about telling people to cancel their plans, it is asking them to be careful in setting any new ones, to minimise non-essential travel and that in our view is a sensible approach given the rise in cases."

NHS North West medical director Dr David Levy said the vaccine rollout has had "a tremendous impact" on reducing the number of Covid cases.
But he urged anyone who is eligible for the vaccine to book their jab as "things are very different this time".
"What we are seeing is younger patients coming into our North West hospitals at the moment," he told BBC North West Tonight.

FULL ARTICLE - Covid: Greater Manchester and Lancashire to get extra help - BBC News

1623179791860.png

;;;;;

bbbbbbbbb.jpg

Last edited:
We love to go to Bolton market it's absolutely great but will give it a miss even though both of us have had 2 jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back