Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time to make taking the vaccine compulsory for every adult (unless they have a doctor's note) and introduce heavy fines on those who refuse.

It is time to make taking the vaccine compulsory for every adult (unless they have a doctor's note) and introduce heavy fines on those who refuse.

Certainly not at the moment - vaccination in the UK is still limited by vaccine supply and jabbing capacity rather than people not wanting jabs. And the best recruiting sergeant for vaccination is seeing the people around you get jabbed.

You may have seen the recent survey that found 52% of people who would definitely not get a Covid-19 vaccine when asked back in November/December 2020, have now been jabbed, and that confidence among minority groups is increasing rapidly. So for now I'd rather work on some of the misinformation that's circulating - how did 19% of Muslims come to believe that the vaccine contains pork products?

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/half-who...-wouldnt-get-covid-vaccine-have-since-had-one

".......................... And the best recruiting sergeant for vaccination is seeing the people around you get jabbed." . . . . . . . And, as harsh as it may appear, the next best recruiting sergeant is seeing your relatives, friends and neighbours suffering and possibly dead due to their own gullibility.

4 weeks delay means around 14 million more vaccine doses I can't see that really making very much difference I also suspect the reason there has not been an explosion of cases in schools is most of the kids caught it late last year and already have a level of immunity. Just my own non expert opinion.

4 weeks delay means around 14 million more vaccine doses I can't see that really making very much difference I also suspect the reason there has not been an explosion of cases in schools is most of the kids caught it late last year and already have a level of immunity. Just my own non expert opinion.

A lot of there will be the second dose (mine included) a doctor on breakfast news this morning says you only achieve 80% protection after the second jab plus three weeks, this still leaves a 20% risk which is not small.

You mean the government unless you think BJ makes all the decisions himself with no help or advice from anyone else.

On stuff like lockdowns it's the PM that gets the final say, and Johnson's (lack of) character has been the reason why the UK has consistently been behind the curve on that kind of thing, ignoring the advice he was getting to lockdown sooner.

PHE's opinion, which might be a bit more expert - delta is most common in the 10-19 age group and less common in the vaccinated agegroups :

1623684710965.png

On stuff like lockdowns it's the PM that gets the final say, and Johnson's (lack of) character has been the reason why the UK has consistently been behind the curve on that kind of thing, ignoring the advice he was getting to lockdown sooner.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but i don't believe for a moment BJ can overrule everyone else including experts on the subject and do his own thing, i am no tory so am not sticking up for the guy but i believe its a joint decision and always has been.

Most coronavirus rules will remain in place in England for another four weeks after the planned 21 June unlocking, government sources have told the BBC.

Senior ministers have signed off on the decision to delay the lifting of all legal restrictions on social contact.

That could mean capacity limits for sports, pubs and cinemas will remain, and nightclubs would stay closed.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is due to confirm the delay at a news conference later - at 18:00 BST.

The extension will be put to a Commons vote this month and could trigger a sizeable Conservative backbench rebellion.

England was due to move to stage four of the government's roadmap out of lockdown on 21 June, when venues and events would be allowed to operate without capacity limits and the cap on guests at weddings would be lifted.

FULL ARTICLE Covid: Lockdown easing in England to be delayed by four weeks

1623688823338.png

Certainly not at the moment - vaccination in the UK is still limited by vaccine supply and jabbing capacity rather than people not wanting jabs. And the best recruiting sergeant for vaccination is seeing the people around you get jabbed.

You may have seen the recent survey that found 52% of people who would definitely not get a Covid-19 vaccine when asked back in November/December 2020, have now been jabbed, and that confidence among minority groups is increasing rapidly. So for now I'd rather work on some of the misinformation that's circulating - how did 19% of Muslims come to believe that the vaccine contains pork products?

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/half-who...-wouldnt-get-covid-vaccine-have-since-had-one
I can understand the eat pork issue but it's desserts you need to be worried about if Muslim does it contain beef or pork gelatine. Let's face it we don't have any Muslims in this forum because well... Alcohol.

The final stage of easing lockdown restrictions in England is to be delayed for four weeks until 19 July, the prime minister has confirmed.

It means most remaining curbs on social contact will continue beyond 21 June, when they had been due to be lifted.

The limit on wedding guest numbers will be removed but venues will still have to adhere to other rules.

Boris Johnson said he was "confident" the delay would not need to be longer than four weeks.

Scientists advising the government had warned there could be a "significant resurgence" in people needing hospital treatment for Covid-19 if stage four of easing the lockdown went ahead on 21 June.

It comes amid rising cases, driven by the more transmissible Delta variant, which was first identified in India.

Mr Johnson told a Downing Street press conference that going ahead with stage four on 21 June would mean "a real possibility that the virus will outrun the vaccines and that thousands more deaths would ensue which could otherwise have been avoided".

The delay would give the NHS "a few more crucial weeks to get those remaining jabs into the arms of those who need them", he said.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the
BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57476776

I can understand the eat pork issue but it's desserts you need to be worried about if Muslim does it contain beef or pork gelatine. Let's face it we don't have any Muslims in this forum because well... Alcohol.

It is not safe to assume that all Muslims do not drink alcohol - my next door neighbour is an Iranian Muslim, and he enjoys my homebrew very much.

It is not safe to assume that all Muslims do not drink alcohol - my next door neighbour is an Iranian Muslim, and he enjoys my homebrew very much.

I agree, DoJ google do Muslims drink alcohol and i think you will be surprised.

4 weeks delay means around 14 million more vaccine doses I can't see that really making very much difference ... Just my own non expert opinion.

Today's Imperial modelling can help quantify the effect :
https://assets.publishing.service.g...427/S1289_Imperial_Roadmap_Step_4.pdf#page=22
If you take their central case for R and immune escape, and their central estimate (65%) of delta/India's transmission advantage over alpha/Kent (second "block" on p 22), then postponing from 21 June to 26 July (not 19 July) reduces deaths by 30%/18k and in particular flattens the curve for hospitals, from a 73k peak to 33k peak.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but i don't believe for a moment BJ can overrule everyone else including experts on the subject and do his own thing, i am no tory so am not sticking up for the guy but i believe its a joint decision and always has been.

How do you think it works if say Amanda Milling and Simon Hart say in May that Step 4 should be delayed until July? Everyone politely says "How interesting" and ignores them, despite them being Cabinet Ministers. Ultimately it has to be the guy at the top who has the final say.

With these kinds of big decisions, the "experts on the subject" only get to advise, it's the elected officials that make the big decisions. And Johnson in particular has a record of ignoring Parliament and even the Cabinet - not just during the pandemic but also previous Big Issues in British politics.

If you want a better understanding of "what goes on behind closed doors" then I suggest reading the transcripts of the evidence to the enquiry at Coronavirus: lessons learnt - Committees - UK Parliament

1623701981914.png

A lot of there will be the second dose (mine included) a doctor on breakfast news this morning says you only achieve 80% protection after the second jab plus three weeks, this still leaves a 20% risk which is not small.
PHE's opinion, which might be a bit more expert - delta is most common in the 10-19 age group and less common in the vaccinated agegroups :

View attachment 49044
Today's Imperial modelling can help quantify the effect :
https://assets.publishing.service.g...427/S1289_Imperial_Roadmap_Step_4.pdf#page=22
If you take their central case for R and immune escape, and their central estimate (65%) of delta/India's transmission advantage over alpha/Kent (second "block" on p 22), then postponing from 21 June to 26 July (not 19 July) reduces deaths by 30%/18k and in particular flattens the curve for hospitals, from a 73k peak to 33k peak.
Cheers for the replies but all this could be used to say 10 weeks or until 100% are vaccinated, or we should go back to full lockdown especially since cases are rising with current restrictions. Obviously the more restrictions we have for longer the less people will die. My point was there's nothing magic about 4 weeks and the same augments can be made again and again but if 4 weeks is what they are doing they should explain what that hopes to achieve. The restrictions are a violation of basic human rights we all know what covid is and don't have to put ourselves at risk just let us all get on with how we want to play it. Besides we can't all carry on washing our hands forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back