Dog ate my brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Goatreich

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I got in from work today and the dog had had a bout of separation anxiety and decided to empty some buckets and chew some plastic. Unfortunately this was the tap from my mash tun, and the bracket and sucker for the aquarium heater. GRR!

I'm not too worried about the aquarium heater, I've been having some issues with it anyway, so I was thinking of buying a new one, but the mash tun tap was frustrating as I was going to brew this Sunday.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the damage, I don't know the actual measurements of the thread, but I've put a biro in for reference. The thread is chewed and squashed, and the tap handles are chewed away.

My question is, shall I just buy an exact replacement, or shall I upgrade while I'm at it? If so, any tips on what to buy?

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

If you make yourself a ball valve set up doggy wont be able to chew it again.

That dog looks like it will go back for seconds perhaps when there is a brew in it :hmm: :hmm:

He better flippin' not! I normally lock all my AG stuff away in the shed when it's not in use, but I put off a brew day last Monday, and left them in the utility room for a couple of days. They're locked up again now.

I'll look into the ball valve stuff now.

Cheers.

Can I just say, best post title since I've been hanging around on here... :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back