eBay ingredient sellers - anyone use them?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Northern Brewer hops and some crystal malt from eBay yesterday. The seller has a home brew shop in Leeds and the feedback seems good so I risked it to save £3 over Biggerjugs or Balihoo (I've used both before) on Amazon.

eBay are giving 20% off all orders between 4pm and 10pm today.

I can't see anything about this, either on the app or website (and I've not received an email) - do I need a discount code or anything? I was going to buy a Minikeg soon after last night's bottle bomb.

just used Biggerjugs on eBay and got some Muslin Bags for dry hopping...
which I thought was very reasonable-- 3 squid for 3 delivered

I can't see anything about this, either on the app or website (and I've not received an email) - do I need a discount code or anything? I was going to buy a Minikeg soon after last night's bottle bomb.

Funnily enough, I bought two easykegs and a couple of other bits with the 20% off. :thumb:

just used Biggerjugs on eBay and got some Muslin Bags for dry hopping...
which I thought was very reasonable-- 3 squid for 3 delivered

Am I being retarded as I just can't find these people eBay?

Might be helpful if people posted links to good sellers. The one stevie posted only seems to sell hops.

Dont you work in Convent Garden? Shouldnt take you long to get to Bermondsey. You can buy grain from here

https://ubrew.cc/

Yeah thought of them thanks as I recalled you bought stuff there.

Devil and the deep blue sea really though, pay through the nose for delivery or lug 3K of grain across London. Maybe there's no pleasing me!

London is surprisingly badly served in terms of home brewing shops isnt it?

Yeah thought of them thanks as I recalled you bought stuff there.

Devil and the deep blue sea really though, pay through the nose for delivery or lug 3K of grain across London. Maybe there's no pleasing me!

London is surprisingly badly served in terms of home brewing shops isnt it?

There's a couple in SE London an one in North London somewhere but I cant remeber where now. I prefer to just buy two brews worth at a time online now and get it all delivered to my home so I don't have to bother carting it back from the LHBS

There's a couple in SE London an one in North London somewhere but I cant remeber where now. I prefer to just buy two brews worth at a time online now and get it all delivered to my home so I don't have to bother carting it back from the LHBS

Yeah I normally bulk buy but decided to an extra brew as my stocks didn't look like they'd see me through summer. I'd already got everything else so just need the grain. I might try the local ish rubbish shop, in Sutton. Never been there before and £3 a kilo is extortionate but probably the best trade off in terms of effort/cost/speed

Have one not a million miles away from me at Sutton. Only used it once, bit of a miserable s#d and not too helpful either. Not been back since.

You have to spend �£20 to use it and, having bought some grain, and a new car, this week already I could only justify one keg so didn't get the discount

Sorry to hear that! just read the post popped onto Ebay and got the code for you i did not read terms and conditions :oops:

Yeah I normally bulk buy but decided to an extra brew as my stocks didn't look like they'd see me through summer. I'd already got everything else so just need the grain. I might try the local ish rubbish shop, in Sutton. Never been there before and �£3 a kilo is extortionate but probably the best trade off in terms of effort/cost/speed

Ahhhh
have just added my thoughts about Sutton's home brew shop.
I will repeat, i found the bloke a miserable s#d and none to helpful either. I was in the market for a fair amount of bits and bobs but left with only a couple of items.
:nono:

Sorry to hear that! just read the post popped onto Ebay and got the code for you i did not read terms and conditions :oops:
No worries, I'm sure you've probably helped a few others on the forum! It's my fault for letting SWMBO persuade me our car was too small for 2 kids!

Ahhhh
have just added my thoughts about Sutton's home brew shop.
I will repeat, i found the bloke a miserable s#d and none to helpful either. I was in the market for a fair amount of bits and bobs but left with only a couple of items.
:nono:
Ive never even been there and thought it was poor. Seems a shame but I guess they can't compete on price with the online retailers.

Ive never even been there and thought it was poor. Seems a shame but I guess they can't compete on price with the online retailers.
True enough, i don't object to paying more for what i can actually see and handle as against shopping online,
however i am sorry but if they can hardly be bothered to assist you and verge on rudeness they don't deserve to stay afloat:nono:

The Brewers gold hop thread this morning made me realise I needed those too, for a bipa, so I just sacked it off and ordered the grain and hops from brewuk and will have to suck up the £6 delivery. I did get £1.30 off in loyalty though which was about 10% of the total cost

Latest posts

Back