eBay Kveik

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each to their own I suppose. I'm not using any more than most of the recipes I see around. Probably the upper end of the scale but definitely not off it.

Curious to know how they worked out in the end/compared to each other?
Made a NEIPA with the Framgarden and it came back really nice but wouldn't add so much dry hops or maybe cut out the double dry hop (just a single). Think that was more to do with the 30C heat but it had a lovely lemon citrus taste.
Literally just kegged the Arset an hour ago. Much simpler recipe (Maris otter & oats), 50g of various hops through the boil (no hopstand) and only a 25g dry hop of sabro. More of an orange citrus with this and is 7.5% but pretty drinkable even now. Keg filled and still have 2l in the all rounder... Only one thing for it šŸ˜‚

Nice! Sounds like a good time!
I'm thinking of having a go with some kveik so trying to get a feel. Might pop over to ebay then, cheers!

I've decided to risk it for a biscuit, and gone for Gausemel and Jovaru. Looking forward to trying them out!
Did you make a starter as the seller suggested or just bung it in?
Also curious if you managed to save any yeast from your first batch?

I saw a video of a guy saying that if you don't have the ability to make a starter then use the first runnings (in my case I drew some off the Brewzilla just before I sparged), let it get down to pitching temp, throw it in and then add to your fermenter when ready after the boil.
Yeah, I collected and dried some from the first batch. Seems okay but won't find out till it pitch it.

I'm curious as to whether these yeasts are single strain, or if they are mixed cultures, as found in the traditional farmhouse brewing. I've asked the seller, but no response yet. Do you happen to know?

I wouldnā€™t know quite what to do with ā€œbacteria: yesā€ though. I donā€™t have a complete separate set of equipment.
I was doing a bit of research to find out some more about it, and stumbled across this:
Screenshot_20231214-131452_Chrome.jpg

There's also this handy database: Farmhouse yeast registry

Kegged experiment #3 today of the eBay Kveik gamble.... And it's pretty good.
This was the WollsƦter and I heard it comes out a bit Belgian so I kept the grain bill simple and no dry hops (El Dorado, Simco & Sabro for the boil).
Think this could be really nice and wading into harvesting.
1000011955.jpg

So it's come out quiet well. I tried the Framgarden for NEIPA and kegged it 7 days later. Just tried a wee sample. 350g of hops in this so a slight bit of burn from them but I think it will be great in a week.
View attachment 91014
clapa 350g hop - I've not quite hopped to that level - I'd like to but I'm already gutted by the loss of beer at 200g (I hop from 0-250g - usually 100g or 200g

clapa 350g hop - I've not quite hopped to that level - I'd like to but I'm already gutted by the loss of beer at 200g (I hop from 0-250g - usually 100g or 200g
I did go a bit overboard on that one to be honest and it didn't really suit that yeast. I had been brewing a lot with Verdant IPA over the last year and found it lends itself to being heavily hopped... For my taste anyway

Latest posts

Back