Edme stout - corny question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDan

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello hello,

Well I finally got around to making the stout kit. 20l with 500g light spray malt and 500g Demerara sugar. Og around 1040

Started on the weekend, and it has already stopped bubbling. Will be taking another reading at the weekend, if it's ready I was wondering if I should leave it another week for all the sediment to drop, or just syphon it off right away.

Once ready to transfer I was going to put it in a corny, now will this need any carbonation at all, or can I just stick a couple of psi on it for serving pressure?

I've never made a stout before so not sure what the best way of going about this would be.

Thanks all

Agree on another week, I aim for 10 - 14 days in primary

If you are using a corny, force carbonate using the info from the calculators link to set your PSI :thumb:

That's Great I didn't know there was a calculator for carbonation, I shall take a look.

I will use the co2 on my cornie keg to force carb, don't fancy using fermentables as i will end up with more sediment in the keg.

Looking forward to tasting this once it's done! Will Leave it another week or so to clear and update once in the keg.

Thanks for the help

If you have a good gas supplier you could dispense with nitrogen and get the true ,pub style ,creamy head ! Well.....its a nice dream ,anyway !

Do not ,however ,try to give your stout some fizz in a sodastream ,as I once did .We got MOST of the beer of the walls and ceiling....eventually.... :oops:

Soda stream...interesting and point noted!! I think you should do it again and take some photos

Latest posts

Back