ETC 200 AND PT100

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark

see here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20529

I bought probes, SSR's and PIDS from ebay - used REX 100 PIDS - just tested it all and works lovely. Had to change the thermocouple type from K to PT100 on the PID menu but that was a doddle, instructions came with them.

See schematic below
HERMSschematics1.jpg

Cheers
NB

I use the cheapo PIDs from Virtual Village with any random 25A SSR from Ebay.

Ok, may not be random but most on there will work.

Yes. You'll need to remove the heat from the SSR. I have a 3mm thick ali sheet that I use as a panel. About 3u 19" case size.

You might be able to get away with a diecast box from Maplin if they still do them.

All the bits I put in the link work fine together and the PIDS are a tenner and the probes less than a fiver inc postage. I'll try and post a few pictures showing the prototype I used - I have the asparagus steamer for the HERMS on order but the protoype with a tesco kettle proves the principle - not sure why you need to take the heat sink off the SSR?? even if you bolt it to a plate.

I bought thte following box to stick it all in http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120816940298? ... 1439.l2649

its deep enough for SSRs on heatsinks and fans etc. - obviously ruins the IP rating if you cut holes in it but if yuo are careful with placement it will help.

Cheers
NB

Nice job Tazuk :thumb: - my SSRs came with heatsinks so I was going to bolt them to a plate but not remove the heatsinks as I have plenty of room in the box.

Latest posts

Back