Favourite Stout Kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhead23

Reaction score
I am looking to brew a stout for winter. Never done one before. Which is your favourite Stout kit and how have you pimped it?
Ideally, if I can increased both the mouthfeel and abv I'd be a very happy happy.
Thanks.

I am looking to brew a stout for winter. Never done one before. Which is your favourite Stout kit and how have you pimped it?
Ideally, if I can increased both the mouthfeel and abv I'd be a very happy happy.
Thanks.
Hi, Cooppers Irish stout brewed short with some treacle is pretty good. Ive just bottled a St Peters cream stout, had a taste after 2 weeks carbing and tastes quite promising

Wilko Dark Velvet, but made quite short (~15L) with enough golden syrup to get the ABV up to about 5%

Woodfords Nog is fantastic. I usually beef it up with a 1lb of chocolate malt then more hops. It turned out the best brew I have done to date.
I was given many 5kg boxes of hops from a local brewery which had past their use by date, all were sealed and still usable. Well worth a brew.

Latest posts

Back