Find the Beer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other participants in the activity.
iv done it its great and sounds along the same lines as this ...

i cant do it any more as my iphone fecked up ..
and im back on my old old v9 ...

but this idea would be beter if theres pics showing where to look ..
im up for it count me in ... :thumb: .

regards mick... :hat:

If you follow the link to the article in my original post, the guy has taken pictures and described the locations pretty clearly. If you are local to the area or know you will be passing through it should be straightforward to find his beers. Trouble is, they are in America.
But yeah, here it would be simple to set up a thread with a few locations and pictures, stating what beer is in there and how to find it, then when someone finds it, they repost what they have replaced it with, perhaps with a short review of the beer they found? I think we have enough members that nobody would be hiding beers where nobody else goes (anybody from the Scilly Isles or outer Hebrides here?).

It's a good idea but couldn't be done through the official geocaching organisation as their rules state no food or drink should be placed due to wild animals being attracted to them (I'm not suggesting this was the idea but it must be considered). Add into this that it could potentially be years before they are discovered and they may be a little off :sick:

Off ?

i doubt they will be there long enough to go off lol

i don't make beer (yet) still early days for me, so i guess a bottle of wine would be ok

The idea is that you would be replacing them on a regular (ish) basis and we'd be able to keep track of our own stashes since people will be posting reviews on here once they have found and replaced them.
It wouldn't have to be done like geo-caching as such - if you read the original smithsonian blog (link at top of thread) he literally drops a beer (in a sealed bottle so no tempting odours to lure wildlife) into a fairly secure location - takes a couple of pictures to be sure you can identify the spot, then gives some simple directions.

Looks like this is not likely to be a popular idea after all... I'll give it a little bump and see if anyone else is interested...

cool, as a noob and only in my second month of production I don't have anything ready to do it

but I can see maybe next year I might pick a spot and give directions for a bottle swap

Latest posts

Back