First Corni Keg (3 of them) FOAM :-(

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adchesney

Reaction score
Dear Folks,

I just love the advice here - it is so informative.

I know I'm mad...but here goes...

Having made some good beers in bottles, I thought for my 25th wedding anniversary party I would make three Corni Kegs of beer (1 IPA, 1 bitter and 1 lager), I was also able to get a beer cooler very cheap (Maxi 310 single line).

With this came a set of taps (i will try and post a picture). The long and short of it is - where do I start?

The beer is made and tastes great...but using a party tap (with 12" of hose), I get nothing but foam - as the beer will be cooled by the cooler, I guess there is no need to cool the kegs? Any ideas of what PSI would be good to try?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156

ANDREW

What pressure are you trying to dispense at?
Start at 3psi and keep turning it down until you get a balance of pouring speed and head retention :thumb:

3 psi sounds a little low to me
i store my beers at 10 psi and serve at 5 psi through a chiller with 8mm id pipe aprox 3 meters from cornie to pump

what type of pump are you using mate

how do you regulate youe co2

put up a few photos so we can understand better what you have

Dear Folks,

I have my 25th wedding anniversary party on 10th September - and am no confident about using the Conrni kegs

Ideally, I would like to try and emulate/replicate/play using my CO2, regulator and line cooler, etc BUT don't want to use my beer - any ideas what I can use as a substitute? I was thinking of soapy water??

Regards

ANDREW

Latest posts

Back