First time homebrewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty48

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for accepting me. I’m just waiting to sample my first brew, a Woodfordes Wherry. Which, due to a faulty thermometer, I think I may have brewed at 23 to 24 degree so hoping that was not too high. Anyway a poor taste will only encourage me to try again. Looking forward to learning lots from the threads on here.

It will be fine. Don’t worry. Well done on your first brew and enjoy it. I have not done that one yet but reviews are always great. Nothing like drinking your own beer. Enjoy.

Welcome. A Wherry extract kit was what got me started on homebrew. In hindsight, that kit worked out at about £25 per pint!

Wherry is pretty full proof, you’ll be happy with the results.

I’ve been brewing all grain for quite a few years now but when I was doing kits, Wherry was one of the best ones - the kit that most people were recommended to start with if they wanted good results.

Welcome. The Wherry kit I got from my in laws started me on my home-brewing journey many years ago. It's a cracking pint and it started a new hobby. I concur with Bezza. As a means to making cheap beer it was a lousy investment.

Latest posts

Back