Floating dip tube connection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that didn't work! I haven't tried the "assembly", but I did replace the keg with a second keg of that beer. The extractor failed to operate properly in that too!

Two odd failures with the same brew. Coincidence? asad. ... There's something in the beer! Oo-err!

Well, looks like the "assembly" has its work cut out for a few weeks! (I fill via the dip-tube, transferred by diaphragm pump and a coarse filter must be in place with those pumps or the diaphragm is at risk ... but since filling, something bunged it up).
There flippin' was something in the beer! Hops! Pelleted hops I've only just taken to throwing in free after fermentation. The first gauze doesn't stop them all, the stuff just ends up on the gauze in the extractor floats and bungs 'em up. Well, I can look on the bright side, if they didn't bung up the extractor, I'll have not noticed the festering mass in the pump's filter waiting to mess up my next brew.

My alternative to @Davegase's floating dip-tubes (thanks for that idea) will be coming to the rescue now.

Latest posts

Back