force carb gas in or beer out?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer brown

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey All
Ive been reading up on force carbing and just realised I may have been doing it wrong for the past year?

Ive always force carbed through Gas in but I now realise its better to go through the beer out?

What is the correct way? What is the difference?

:wha:

I always force carb via the gas in. I do remeber seeing a video where someone added a liquid out to their gas line to carb that way but I havent bothered to try it and i am happy with the results :thumb:

another +1 for gas in...I can see that going through the beer out would bubble the gas through the beer dissolving a bit more gas in the brew and carbing very slightly faster but I'm never in that much of a hurry to carb...if I was I'd be sloshing it about to get it to dissolve quicker. I couldn't be bothered with having a seperate gas line for carbing (fitted with an out disconnect)

Maybe force carbing through 'beer out' in more popular in the U.S. which is where most of the youtube vids are coming from

Well that answers my question then, Ill stick with the gas in.. Thanks chaps!
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back