General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.

That'll do for me ;)

1716563164324.png

This is not trolling its a genuine question.

Could i ask the 4 SNP voters (or any SNP voters) what they will gain by being independent could i also ask those that will definitely not vote SNP why they do not want independence, i know i could google it but i would rather hear it from people in the forum.

Tactically, so probably Lib Dem, through somewhat gritted teeth. Am in a newly-created constituency but they have best chance of ABC.

I am tribally labour and will be voting Labour in my safe labour seat. But I have tactically voted lib dem once to try and oust a Tory MP before, which was painful because it was a while after the coalition government.

Could i ask the 4 SNP voters (or any SNP voters) what they will gain by being independent could i also ask those that will definitely not vote SNP why they do not want independence, i know i could google it but i would rather hear it from people in the forum.

Essentially it allows Scotland, and it's people, to be able to to chart its own political path and priorities, and not be directed and constrained by whatever the UK Government of the day decides.

Opportunity for more flexible, diversified economy. Smaller countries can be more nimble.

Removal from Westminster and all that it entails. Westminster politics has been a cesspit for years, and the lurch the right turns my stomach. Scotland has never returned more than 13 Tory MPs (out of around 60) and yet we've had 32 years of Conservative government since 1979.

Social policy that can target and focus on issues specific to Scotland. Closer relationship with EU.

Last edited:

Much like the other reply independence may cost me my job but as a nation we can choose our own destiny we were duped out of oil rights decades ago now we have chance to have energy security and break the link between gas and electric prices. We have an abundance of renewable energy and can grow more to bring more jobs to Scotland. We currently have many great benefits such as free prescriptions, eye tests, bus travel etc. The hope is once we have the freedom to borrow and build as we choose we can grow and flourish.

I am not a fool I know Westminster will never let us leave and keep us prisoner to the UK but enhanced devolution powers or independence is the way ahead Westminster has failed us for decades.

Brexit was forced on Scotland not saying that can be reversed but would look for as least a good deal as Northern Ireland achieved.

Not saying everything is perfect up here far from it but the Scottish Government have shielded us from the worst of it.

The proportional representation system is fair and encourages wider coverage and cross party co operation ironically the loss of the power share with greens actually makes the Scottish Parliament work as it was designed to.

We were taken for a ride with Brexit and used as guinea pigs for council tax, robbed of our assets it's time we made a stand and showed Westminster we have had enough

I was born in Scotland and am Scottish for the two hours it takes to watch a rugby match. Am sick of paying tax to fund its non-existent economy and its sickening victim like attitude.

Could I ask the four conservative voters a similar question. Not about independence, of course, but about what possible good they could hope for if their party won, given the ruin they've brought down on our heads ever since Cameron was chosen for no better reason than sticking his porker in a porker?

I was born in Scotland and am Scottish for the two hours it takes to watch a rugby match. Am sick of paying tax to fund its non-existent economy and its sickening victim like attitude.

Classy stuff from a moderator. Nothing screams victimhood like wanting to operate independently. No victim mentality here. What country out there doesn't want to have agency over their own country? It's normal. Scotland's economy is more productive than the vast majority of the rUK.

And for what it's worth, some of the most vociferous advocates of independence that I know, are people from England who've moved up here.

Someone above said a cabbage could put a blue rosette on and still win.
That's literally what's going on here. A New Forest Pony could stand and win.

I'll vote, but it doesn't really matter which way.
We went out with our friends this afternoon. They'll vote Tory. Apparently, the Tories are doing OK.
And in the same sentence, one of them said "Actually, I quite liked Tony Blair - he was centre right"

They're really good friends. But our politics are wildly different. And I genuinely say that as a centrist.
To put into context, I didn't mind Blair/Brown's governments. And neither did I particularly mind David Cameron until he kowtowed to the right of the party with the Brexit vote. I work for a French company. I particularly enjoyed working with our French and Polish colleagues. Sadly, I'm no longer allowed to do that.
1716586751217.png

Someone above said a cabbage could put a blue rosette on and still win.
That's literally what's going on here. A New Forest Pony could stand and win.

I'll vote, but it doesn't really matter which way.
We went out with our friends this afternoon. They'll vote Tory. Apparently, the Tories are doing OK.
And in the same sentence, one of them said "Actually, I quite liked Tony Blair - he was centre right"

They're really good friends. But our politics are wildly different. And I genuinely say that as a centrist.
To put into context, I didn't mind Blair/Brown's governments. And neither did I particularly mind David Cameron until he kowtowed to the right of the party with the Brexit vote. I work for a French company. I particularly enjoyed working with our French and Polish colleagues. Sadly, I'm no longer allowed to do that.
View attachment 99830
It certainly looks like you're one of those disenfranchised by first past the post, even with tactical voting. Something like the Totnes primary system might have helped, but it's probably a bit late for that now.

Reactions: Stu

Latest posts

Back