Getting rid of bloatware

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is there an easy way, or is it just one programme at a time.

New dell laptop arrived today and fully expect it to be filled with junk.:angry:

PC's are easy if a bit time consuming, I've a Fire tablet I'd love to de-bloat but I think I'd need to root it :( first NEVER buy a FIRE!!!

aamcle

What I end up doing is opening Add/Remove software and going down the list and getting rid of anything which looks like some **** I never wanted and isn't integral to the OS. Ccleaner is good, as someone mentioned, but I use it to clear the registry of remaining files once I've uninstalled all the bloatware. It's been a while since I've used it though, does it have a 'remove bloatware' option?

What's bloatware - clothing for fat bleedas?

When you buy a computer/phone/tablet it sometimes comes with preinstalled software which no one actually wants. Samsung a terrible for this and often have their own versions of software, like iTunes or Chrome etc., but work really badly and for some reason eat up RAM. Most people try and uninstall these sh*tty programs.

Back