Grain prices creeping up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it last week fir £26.95 for crushed thats now showing £45.90 and uncrushed at £42.90
I'll back you up. It did say that when it was first posted the other day, but looked a clear misprice relative to the other stock (unless it was short dated)

I placed an order during the first week in January with enough grain to do me about 9 months to a year.

I’m glad I did now. Funnily enough it was the first time I’ve found someone other than GEB the cheapest (THBC was by about a fiver on my £120ish order), but I must have just sneaked in before the Minch Malt’s price hike!

Similar story at THBC. Golden Promise whole was £33 at the beginning of the week and now it's up to £40. Can't blame them for raising the price of last year's stock to this year's prices otherwise premium grains would be cheaper than standard pale malt.
Not quick enough to catch me and one or two others, though. :groupdancing:

It must have recently changed. I saw it at £26.95 but now £42.90
Yeah luckily I got one this week at 26.95. Cheapest I could find. The Home Brew Shop in Farnborough had Golden Promise for £33 which is decent too though. MO is available at £33 but it has a BB date in 2023.

Craft maltster pale ale is 28.50 plus postage
They seem to be sold out of nearly everything. Not surprising really. More on the way. Even at that price they have the decency to apologise for having to put the price up.
Only used their malt once, but it was lovely stuff.

Last edited:
I have been paying $70-$90/ 25kg bag for a year+ now. Looks like you guys are finally catching up...

I would be happy to pay £45 a sack for Minch though.

💩 plus $30 to ship....

Screenshot_20230127-171115_Chrome.jpg

They seem to be sold out of nearly everything. Not surprising really. More on the way. Even at that price they have the decency to apologise for having to put the price up.
Only used their malt once, but it was lovely stuff.

11.50 delivery
They have other malts, just need to contact them.

When I had a sack she used a different courier and it worked out cheaper

Has anyone else tried Maltmaster crushed pale ale malt for £37 on ebay?
I brewed a 85% pale malt stout 2 weeks ago with very out of date Simpsons and got 72% efficiency.
I brewed a 94% pale malt pale ale yesterday, of which 3.1kg was Maltmaster and 1.3kg Simpson's and got 54% efficiency.
The grain seemed to contain lots of empty husk and not much of the sugary white stuff and didn't have much of that lovely smell when you're weighing out.

Has anyone else tried Maltmaster crushed pale ale malt for £37 on ebay?
I brewed a 85% pale malt stout 2 weeks ago with very out of date Simpsons and got 72% efficiency.
I brewed a 94% pale malt pale ale yesterday, of which 3.1kg was Maltmaster and 1.3kg Simpson's and got 54% efficiency.
The grain seemed to contain lots of empty husk and not much of the sugary white stuff and didn't have much of that lovely smell when you're weighing out.
When you buy from someone who is weighing out ready crushed malt into smaller amounts at best you are going to get inconsistency between brews, it is next to impossible to get the grist correct.

Agreed so somebody may get more of the grain and some more of the husk as you see in a normal 25kg bag of crushed it settles to the bottom

Latest posts

Back