Greetings of the day!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anotherbadbrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm very much a beginner brewer and am hoping to pick some brains here to learn what kind of gear I may need to get started. I'm from the UK but now live out in Spain, but hopefully getting hold of what's needed shouldn't be an issue. Thanks everyone!

Matt

Hey everyone,

I'm very much a beginner brewer and am hoping to pick some brains here to learn what kind of gear I may need to get started. I'm from the UK but now live out in Spain, but hopefully getting hold of what's needed shouldn't be an issue. Thanks everyone!

Matt
Depends on your budget really.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Matt
Welcome Matt,
What part of Spain are you in?
I shouldn't worry about paying a lot for the gear until you've put a few brews behind you and you really know what you want. Do you want to make up kits or brew all-grain, or even partial mash. If you haven't already got one, I'd recommend getting and reading a decent book on home brewing. Greg Hughes is OK, and an earlier edition (earlier than CAMRA's 2014 edition) would be even better. While a book is essential, beware of American publications; they're generally excellent, but they use different units of measure, different values for fluid measures and they often have different names for similar malts- very confusing to the uninitiated.
Give us a bit more info about what you want to do and there'll be a wealth of advice from forum members. Probably too much!

Back