HBC The Kraken American Amber Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use a priming/ carbonation calculator, there's one on brewersfriend.com.

Use a priming/ carbonation calculator, there's one on brewersfriend.com.
Thanks for the url.
Now you've *really* confused me.
The volume of CO2 for American ales listed in the
Calculator is 2.2 which calculates to 100g sugar,
So presumably you suggest 2.0 from experience?

Personal preference. Try 100g, it's just a bit more carbonation. Not loads more than a British ale style.

MyQul im interested to no how your kit is getting on as i am looking at buying one of the kits you have made
Steve

Only just bottled it yesterday after two weeks in the FV and a week in the bottling bucket/secondary. Had about 200ml left over so I just poured it into a glass and drank it -bloody georgeous. If you like a stout, this kit is the dogs bollox (and it hasn't even had any conditioning yet!)
Am planning to do a 'clone' of it. I know whats in it but not the amounts but it wont be hard to work out as roasted grains shouldn't be more than about 10% so a bit of experimenting should get me pretty close plus a guess at 40-45IBU

Only just bottled it yesterday after two weeks in the FV and a week in the bottling bucket/secondary. Had about 200ml left over so I just poured it into a glass and drank it -bloody georgeous. If you like a stout, this kit is the dogs bollox (and it hasn't even had any conditioning yet!)
Am planning to do a 'clone' of it. I know whats in it but not the amounts but it wont be hard to work out as roasted grains shouldn't be more than about 10% so a bit of experimenting should get me pretty close plus a guess at 40-45IBU
Thankyou so much for getting back to me im going to order that one in the morning :cheers: MyQul

My guess for the Peter's Particular stout would be 10% flaked barley, 6% roast barley and 4% choc malt. Which yeast comes with it?

My guess for the Peter's Particular stout would be 10% flaked barley, 6% roast barley and 4% choc malt. Which yeast comes with it?
I think all these kits come with 05 i may stand to be corrected clibit

My first attempt at a clone was going to be 20% flaked barley but the same %'s as your guess for RB and choccy

@stevej It comes with S0-04 but I used Mauribrew English Ale yeast. Don't think you'll be disappointed if your ordering it. Nice and roasty but with the choccy coming through.

@MyQul kit ordered il let you no about the hop weights when i get around to brewing it hopefully next weekend they also have a sale on grains yeasts and hops worth looking at!
Steve

Bottled cant remember when :oops: Bottled most in glass bottles a couple in pet, So tonight it got the better of me checked how this was getting on gave a pet a squeeze and oh some pressure! Could not resist poured one little carb at this point BUT what a surprise nice hoppy aroma its definitely clearing and its turning into a lovely ale, Wasnt sure if i would like this one and still dont no if i would make it again at this stage, But what i will say is i will be buying another kit from these guys! MyQul im interested to no how your kit is getting on as i am looking at buying one of the kits you have made
Steve
Steve,
How did the Kraken turn out in the end?
Pete

Latest posts

Back