Help with all grain set up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav41

Reaction score
Hi everyone am wanting to move on to all grain but unsure on what setup to buy a have seen some people with boiler kettle types and added there own pumps off amazon and seen people with all in one kits looking for some help

Am looking at the brewzilla 35l gen3.1.1 Would this be a good starting option or is there something els a should be looking in to

It depends on your budget, how much space you have and are you sure you will enjoy ag brewing. Personally I have a brewzilla 3.1 and enjoy using it. I'm sure more experienced brewers will be about later to have there twopenn'rth.

I started all-grain brewing with a mash-tun consisting of two plastic buckets, one of which with 1000 holes drilled in the bottom of it, the other with the drain/spigot, using gravity to push the wort from the mash-tun to the kettle, and then into the fermenter. It's probably the cheapest way to see if you like all grain brewing.

My current test batch system (45 liters) still uses a 3 tier gravity system (no pumps).

It depends on your budget, how much space you have and are you sure you will enjoy ag brewing. Personally I have a brewzilla 3.1 and enjoy using it. I'm sure more experienced brewers will be about later to have there twopenn'rth.

Budget no more then £400 at the minute and space wise am in the process of sorting my shed out so av got a bit space

Budget no more then £400 at the minute and space wise am in the process of sorting my shed out so av got a bit space
Hi Gav, i got mine here Robobrew Brewzilla (angelhomebrew.co.uk) i went with the £369-00 version they are a top company to deal with, you can also get them from BKT brew keg tap,, another top class company to deal with

Last edited:
How much do you need to brew considering your own requirements and any you may want to share?
Other points...
All in one...electric,compact use inside or out.
Three vessel/pots...electric or gas. Gas burner you'll be outside probably. Electric either heaters or induction. The kit takes a bit of storing.

Jeez, can't see myself ever spending 400 quid!

Just hope my boiler lasts the course! Although I gather you can get 'just a boiler' for about 120-140 quid.
£400 thats just the start ashock1
Wait until you start buying, kegs, freezers, fermenting fridges, pressure fermenters :laugh8::beer1:

Edit most of the all in ones are great, had the brewzilla for over a year now and no regreats!!

Last edited:
Jeez, can't see myself ever spending 400 quid!

Just hope my boiler lasts the course! Although I gather you can get 'just a boiler' for about 120-140 quid.

A mean a dont really want to spend £400 a just thought that kind what a need to for all grain set up

How much do you need to brew considering your own requirements and any you may want to share?
Other points...
All in one...electric,compact use inside or out.
Three vessel/pots...electric or gas. Gas burner you'll be outside probably. Electric either heaters or induction. The kit takes a bit of storing.
Juts enough for me and maybe a couple beers to give away would like to be indoor so was looking at electric

I do indoor with 32l pots on my range...extraction on and door open..it works fine for me.
A mate of mine uses the Brewzilla in his garage with some extraction set up which is making him some good beer very easily.
I think if I changed I'd go electric.

£400 thats just the start ashock1
Wait until you start buying, kegs, freezers, fermenting fridges, pressure fermenters :laugh8::beer1:

Edit most of the all in ones are great, had the brewzilla for over a year now and no regreats!!
A think the kegarator build was a bad idea just seem to drink more
Am wanting to build a fermentation fridge next aswell
20210224_192024.jpg

A fermentation fridge alone will produce better results.Fridge often free, or cheap via free adds etc then inkbird £25>30.
Looks like you have a keg set up already, so half way there acheers.

You could always get a big stockpot and do a couple of stovetop AG brews first to get the hang of it - that’s the cheapest and easiest way to get started
A did think about this option but was not sure if the cooker would be able to do a rolling boil for a decent size batch as long as a could get enough to fill 19l corny kegs lol
a have done a few grain steep to some kits

Back