I Fancy doing a Coopers IPA next

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just Barrelled my Coopers IPA, It was in the fermenting Bin in a room at 21 degrees for around 13 days, its very clear now. I only added 700-800 grams of sugar as thats what I had in an open packet, the OG was about 1.03 (Higher would of been nicer I think, it came down to about 1.004. Just had a glass or 2 (Just to check the quality) and it tastes fine, though I must say I have a dry mouth.

it should be better from what I have read after another week in the barrel.

coopers IPA was my first kit a few weeks ago. Its all finished now, so i'd say it turned out pretty well!
I have also dont the Coopers Wheat beer (drinking nicely just now) and the Canadian blonde has just been kegged. I have another IPA on as i see it as a nice regular session beer for now.

I did this but didn't like it. Probably my worst kit, but i may hav e just done something wrong as it was only about my 4th kit.

Mine wasn't very clear, which would be may fault, and was exceptionally bitter. Perhaps it was a bit oxidised.

Good luck to you though, you won't know if you don't try!

This was the last kit beer I did before going AG and I thought it was a great drink for kit beer.
It does improve markedly with time though.....let it mature :thumb:

Did you keg your Coopers IPA, how long was it in the Bin for and did you add any sugar to the keg?

It's been a while, but I think I used spray malt rather than sugar with the kit.
I would have left it for 10-14 days in the fermenter and then I transferred to a KingKeg with 70g of brewing sugar to prime it.
It cleared down really well, but was very bitter and not at all balanced as a young beer. After a month or so it was marvellous.....very good indeed for a kit.

Hope that help you :)

markp said:
It's been a while, but I think I used spray malt rather than sugar with the kit.
I would have left it for 10-14 days in the fermenter and then I transferred to a KingKeg with 70g of brewing sugar to prime it.
It cleared down really well, but was very bitter and not at all balanced as a young beer. After a month or so it was marvellous.....very good indeed for a kit.

Hope that help you :)

Thanks my kit didn't mention priming I'm sure... if I have already kegged it, is it too late to prime it?

Back